1.50 update, yay or nay? -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 10 years ago

So the 1.50 update has been released, what are peoples' opinions on it? Or the new maps, for that matter! As far as the maps go, Operation Shingle has jumped to the top of my fave maps list. It has the fun and hectic play of Camp Gibraltar but on a larger and more interesting map. I love the levels, the different spots you can climb to, they make sniping and gunning a lot more interesting as there are no longer only a few decent spots to take a shot from. I'm not convinced about Wake Island 2142, so far I don't enjoy the map very much, but I haven't played it a lot yet.

Hopefully the things they changed with the update will make gameplay a bit smoother, and a bit less buggy. At least, I hope it will!

mikethebear

eh?

50 XP

28th April 2008

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

opperation shingle was a disapointment, wake island is kick arse

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 10 years ago

Lol, I felt differently. Although having said that, Wake island is growing on me the more I play it. But still, I prefer Operation Shingle over that.

mikethebear

eh?

50 XP

28th April 2008

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

lol, shingle is too much of a sniper fest, and im usualy assault or support. i love the parked titan on wake, awsum for those close quarter fights

Gaffel7

Voyager-

50 XP

17th January 2006

0 Uploads

173 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago

I have a small problem which is getting on my nerves!! I installed Battlefield, because I formatted. patched with the latest. I start up, all happy:D I join a game (online) after 10sec ingame. it goes back to the server list with a small box "Punkbuster" I thought it had to to with the patch, so I deinstalled, reinstalled, patch 1.40, than the newest. It still freaking happends!! So I installed the Punkbuster server thingy, I select BF2142. Hit update, it downloads some. I'm happy:D And now it still does NOT work!! I could post this on EA forums, but the account thingys there are making my stress even worser.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 10 years ago

Lol, fair response. I find that Shingle is a bit of a sniper fest too, but if you move quickly, and avoid the areas that snipers usually focus on, you can take them down fairly easily (most of the time, lol). And that is my favourite part of Wake Island. Although, I prefer medium-long range fights, instead of close quarters. Guess to each their own on map preferences, eh? :D

edsk1

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

17th July 2008

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#7 10 years ago

Really dislike Wake Island, it brings back memories on BF2 of walking around forever looking for a pickup. Operation Shingle is my sort of map - even though it can't beat the original maps (gibraltar, cerbere, berlin, tunis). I think close combat suits 2142 much better.

The only problem I've had with 1.5 is loading the Cerbere Landing map - it crashes during loading and everytime I want to play the map I now have to switch off my X-FI audio settings, which is a pain.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 10 years ago

Yay or nay? I say: ynay

gravy666

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

20th August 2007

0 Uploads

7,561 Posts

0 Threads

#9 10 years ago

I say yay! Wake Island 2142 is my new favorite map!

TheBoxer5

Cool Hand Colt

50 XP

14th March 2005

0 Uploads

61 Posts

0 Threads

#10 9 years ago

I need to download a patch because I'm installing a fresh BF2142. I saw on the download server there's a patch 1.512. Do I have to download that, or can I just download the 1.5? Does the 1.5 also have Highway Tampa map, or do I have to download 1.4 then incremental update to 1.5?