SVD_Sniper

"Custom User Title" eh?

50 XP

23rd August 2006

0 Uploads

642 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

Hi. I have been reading the forum for 2142 quite a bit latly but I am still in 2 minds as to wether I should buy it. However The point is, that I wanted to ask a question. a) Is it true that is a squad leader gives an order and you follow it, then you get a bonus of some kind?

If this is true, then arent clan members disadvantaged. I currently play BF2 with my clan =MX= and we never use the ingame commands and calls for "need pickup" or "need medic" or whatever. We use tis fantastic thing called VOIP. Its very 1999. So if you arent in our TS server you would think we wernt communicating at all. But we are infact highly co-ordinated and profficient, because of TS. TS also means a commander can tell each squad member precisely whare to go - you can set up a base of fire, pin them down with sniper fire and get an assault calss to close the gap :P!

It would be a pain in the arse (im from UK so its not ass :P ) to have to give all the orders twice.

Are any allowances made for this?

Crimson_Might

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

2nd January 2004

0 Uploads

240 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Even with the in game commands you don’t always hear what your squad needs because you also hear all of your team who is near you too. You do indeed get points for giving orders to your squad and accepting them from your commander. TeamSpeak should not be looked on as a third wheel to this game. It’s quite the opposite actually. Our clan uses it all the time. If we didn’t I cannot imagine my self having nine gold badges right now without their help. The orders in game when you are just casually playing don’t matter. You may only get 20 points per game or less depending on how efficient your team is and if you decide to use the. Our clan no longer uses them because we have all of our unlocks already and are just BSing until the next game comes out. But this game is definitely not the anti-clan type game for gaming.

duskAngel

bf2142 geek

50 XP

28th November 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

lol 9 golden badges? howd exactly TS help you with that?

anyway, sniper, you get squad bonus points (or whatever it is called) only when your in the squad radius. it means for example when you kill an enemy close to position, marked as your target, by your squad leader. so if your far from your squad and your goals, you dont get anything. this is a good way, how to make less lone wolfs and more teamworkable players. since your squad uses TS/VOIP, your leader should find a second to mark your destination and allow you to make these extra points.

Crimson_Might

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

2nd January 2004

0 Uploads

240 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

I now have 12 golds.

Anyways, in TeamSpeak you can get a good team that will help you get your golds and with my team we have one of each class helping one person do what they need to get done. They never run out of ammo or die in game unless we are all taken out at once which is rare. You couldn't do that in game with normal voice over because it sucks so much.