Meadow

You might very well think that

50 XP

21st February 2004

0 Uploads

3,000 Posts

0 Threads

#11 14 years ago

I too enjoy BF Vietnam from time to time. But the lack of groundbreaking new features did not justify its title of 'sequel'.

colonel_bob

Here & There

50 XP

4th June 2004

0 Uploads

6,685 Posts

0 Threads

#12 14 years ago
MeadowI too enjoy BF Vietnam from time to time. But the lack of groundbreaking new features did not justify its title of 'sequel'.

:agreed Thats what I'm talking about when I say "another Vietnam." I hope that there are enough new gameplay developments for BF:2142 to not just feel like a well-done BF:2 mod. I mean, look at 1942 and Vietnam together, and then 1942 and BF2. There is a world of difference there. Thats what I'm hoping for, but not quite expecting.

MikaelXII

Elite Panserjäger

50 XP

7th July 2004

0 Uploads

55 Posts

0 Threads

#13 14 years ago

I never liked Battlefield Vietnamn, but then one day when i was at Internet Cafée, i suddenly did :) It was quite a nice game, the atmosphere and such. But as most seem to think, and i concur, Bf1942 was new game. Vietnamn was more or less Bf 1,5 :) But i liked the way one could run down tunnels and stuff. But while we have seen the diffirences between Bf1942 and BF vietnamn. It is, as far as i can say, the Atmosphere. And the Graphics, much smoother graphics, nice sounds, music and such. And a hisoric place where many people can relate, we have all seen the movies. so it gave lots of fun. But if you look at the trailers of Bf2142, AND what experts says (Gamespy and IGD have played the game and set up reviews of it thus far). They say almost directly "THis is the same game as BF2, just new textures and some few new neat stuff". I know that atleast IGD has a tendency to praise every EA game, but they did not do so here, despite them being able to play it. The graphics looks the same in the movies as in regular bf2, the atmosphere has changed, but of what i have seen there is not a real feel for atmosphpere, for it is barren wasteland for what i have seen mostly. No "Jungle " feeling or something new in that regard. So i personally think this is a new "Vietnamn" but far worse then Vietnamn was. I rather wait for hte great mods. Speaking of Vietnamn. THe Mod "Eve of DestructioN" looks awsome :)