sl0w-m0

I pwn Großadmiral Dönitz

50 XP

3rd October 2004

0 Uploads

612 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I have downloaded and installed the demo correctly but whenever I go in and try to play it the screen goes black and an error comes up saying "The application has failed to start because d3d_x9_29.ddl was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." Now i'm pretty sure this might be a Direct X problem, but i'm also pretty sure that I already have the latest version of Direct X (Direct X 9.0). And if I do have to update it then I don't know how (usually in whatever game you install, an update of Direct X that works comes with it, but the Battlefield 2142 Demo doesn't). I'm really clueless here. Can someone please help? :confused:

Dark Saint

How many dogs are Pb'd?Maybe 2

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

8,040 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

This was sent to the forums you will get more attention in. You need to update your dx driver to dx9.0c instead of just using 9.0 . This should solve your issues.

FN_lewrbm69

It's Not Easy Being Green

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

3,372 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

i gave you the only way i knwo of to repair you to the lastest and in the fastest way posable, the other way is to downlaod a full version og DX9c and install the hole thing all over and that is a pain.

here is the download of the file google is realy easy to use took me 30 seconds to find and download.

http://files.filefront.com/directx_a.../fileinfo.html