hoelmkjaer

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

9th November 2005

0 Uploads

464 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Okay, so I've tried pre-ordering through EBgames but they were wayyyy too expensive... Now I'm considering downloading from EA because that's actually the cheapest thing around here... But the one thing that makes me hesitate is... Can I burn a DVD with it as a backup? I'm always having a lot of trouble with my computer, and I don't want 49$ just to go *poof* if my hdd crashes or something... :uhm:

bigdoggie

Der tekniker

50 XP

28th December 2004

0 Uploads

12,682 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

sure, burn what u like, as long as u dont sell, or give the copies. it's 100% legal to keep a back up copy of something.

homo sine domino

 

50 XP

2nd September 2002

0 Uploads

2,739 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

Depends respectively on the laws and regulations in your country.

homo sine domino

 

50 XP

2nd September 2002

0 Uploads

2,739 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

I got the following from Wikipedia (EA Downloader article):

Game Replacement for Lost Copies If your game is lost or accidentally erased from your PC, simply download another one for free. The new copy will be tied to your original account, so you will need to login to play.

homo sine domino

 

50 XP

2nd September 2002

0 Uploads

2,739 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago
WhiteShark;3291968Depends respectively on the laws and regulations in your country.

It seems, I cannot edit my original post. No edit there. :S I found the following info on Wikipedia in the "EA Downloader" article.

Game Replacement for Lost Copies If your game is lost or accidentally erased from your PC, simply download another one for free. The new copy will be tied to your original account, so you will need to login to play.

bigdoggie

Der tekniker

50 XP

28th December 2004

0 Uploads

12,682 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

oh that's great!

probs: -DL 1000gb again...

hoelmkjaer

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

9th November 2005

0 Uploads

464 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

I don't really care about the laws in my country. I'm not going to sell it or anything, I just want a friggen backup because my comp's a bit unstable, and I don't want to dl it 500 times a year.. I just want to know whether it's possible, or if EA's put some lock on it... :D

bigdoggie

Der tekniker

50 XP

28th December 2004

0 Uploads

12,682 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

just do it! *listens to "just do it"*

not asif they keep seeing what u burn and then some EA guy comes to ur house and steals ur pc or sometyhing...

homo sine domino

 

50 XP

2nd September 2002

0 Uploads

2,739 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago
hoelmkjaer;3293053I don't really care about the laws in my country. I'm not going to sell it or anything, I just want a friggen backup because my comp's a bit unstable, and I don't want to dl it 500 times a year.. I just want to know whether it's possible, or if EA's put some lock on it... :D

If you don't care about the laws in your country, then your good to go I'd say. I was simply making that statement, because in Germany there was a huge discussion whether private copies that crack the protection should be allowed or not. :D

Even though I'm not quite sure if the installation files will be saved as a single exe or if they are only accessable via the EA Downloader.

hoelmkjaer

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

9th November 2005

0 Uploads

464 Posts

0 Threads

#10 11 years ago

I think I'll just get the DVD