tharulerme

I'm back

50 XP

20th March 2006

0 Uploads

243 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

I do not mean to be rude to EA, but it's true, they truly done it again, the servers are HELL of a lag now. I have no idea what exactly they done, but servers really lag incredible now even on conquest you may even receive something like a connection interrupted, and CTD (Crash To Desktop) happens more often. About that last, that happens EVERY SINGLE TIME when a map changes, well for me that is, I dunno if others have that too. I do know that everyone has the lag, since I am asking whole servers and all say they are also affected by it. Slow servers don't seem to be the problem since I have this on every server too. Before patch 1.06 I never had those problems though, so all that I can say now is that EA brought us lag back.... Please comment, even if it is to flame me ( :D ). - Tharulerme

(By the way, I still like BF2142, it's really not meant as insult to EA or so, but it's just that this big lag is back....)

The Joelteon7

The cake is a lie.There is no cake.

50 XP

13th November 2004

0 Uploads

3,926 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago
tharulerme;3396689I do not mean to be rude to EA, but it's true, they truly done it again, the servers are HELL of a lag now. I have no idea what exactly they done, but servers really lag incredible now even on conquest you may even receive something like a connection interrupted, and CTD (Crash To Desktop) happens more often. About that last, that happens EVERY SINGLE TIME when a map changes, well for me that is, I dunno if others have that too. I do know that everyone has the lag, since I am asking whole servers and all say they are also affected by it. Slow servers don't seem to be the problem since I have this on every server too. Before patch 1.06 I never had those problems though, so all that I can say now is that EA brought us lag back.... Please comment, even if it is to flame me ( :D ). - Tharulerme (By the way, I still like BF2142, it's really not meant as insult to EA or so, but it's just that this big lag is back....)

Now that you mention this, it's put less worryment on my own internet connection which I thought was at fault because I've had the same issues (as in, last night). I only played Titan mode though so I don't know. In regards to reducing lag in Titan mode, I think having them stop when shields go down is not the answer, purely because they can get stuck very close to each other. Instead, I believe there should be a form of "buffer zone", preventing the Titan's getting too close to one another, shields or no shields active.

(+5@1312EWULFX+)

The Devil's Reject

50 XP

8th February 2006

0 Uploads

299 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

Ive noticed more lag to thought my internet service was acting up also. Seems like instead of fixing problems with patchs they just add more. Some servers are fine and others lag like hell I think it gives out false latency. Also ive had the CTD problem still after the patch claimed to have fixed it.

tharulerme

I'm back

50 XP

20th March 2006

0 Uploads

243 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

Aye, that's true.

kid311

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

28th July 2006

0 Uploads

146 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

I never have CTD but i do crash back to the main every now and again. I dont play conquest that much but i dont lag on conquest the only time i lag is when i am protecting the titan and 8 people decide to put there drones in front of mine in halway 2.

tharulerme

I'm back

50 XP

20th March 2006

0 Uploads

243 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

Well, in that case it totally s*cks that some people have those bugs and some not. If the half get's the lag and the other half doesn't, then it means that half who hasn't got the lag got a big advance over those who do have. In any case, I honestly didn't encountered any good things from patch 1.06 at all. Before 1.06 (so in 1.05) everything seemed to work fine, al though it was slight more laggy already then even before 1.05, but I also never had that bug which they fixed in 1.06, the titan CTD. (Well that's not true, I do had / have it, but I don't had / have it often, it was very rare for me, but now I CTD after each round ended....)