Help!, tried everything... -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

Okay, both BF2142 and BF2 are crashing to desktop after a black screen when i load it. I have recently upgraded my card from a x300 128mg to a x1650 512mg (both PCI-Express). They worked fine before the switch.

The transition went smoothly. All my other games (Doom3, Half Life, C&C Generals, Guild Wars) are working fine. But both these games refuse to work.

I have checked for forced refresh rates. I have uninstalled the security update (as in readme) updated display drivers (catalyst 7.2) updated Dx9 (not needed but i checked) re-installed and installed Both BF games twice (with restarts) deleted the BF2142 folder in My Documents edited the Video.con file

I've tried everything. Can anyone help?

System Specs: AMD Athlon64 3200+ (1.99Ghz) 2 Gb DDR2 RAM ATI Radeon X1650 Pro (HIS) 512Mg Windows XP SP2

GeneralClean

{XTM} Clan Founder/ Co-Leader

50 XP

4th June 2006

0 Uploads

74 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

When you updated the video driver did you first uninstall the old video driver? If not that might be the colpret.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 11 years ago

also quit background apps such as Folding@Home as this happened to me with BF2142 when i had it running (pause didn't work)