kamikaze SGT Chaos

GF makes me horny

50 XP

28th June 2003

0 Uploads

91 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

im a hardcore battlefield fan but i dont play online because im on dialup... What i wanna know is if its worth buying for SP... and if my machine will run it...

My specs are P4 3.6 Ghz Processer 1gb of ram and a radeon 9250..128mb im upgrading to a 9550 shortly.. DX 9.0c

is this enough?

swartsengagger

blowing heads off

50 XP

20th October 2006

0 Uploads

86 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

ur machine can run it i think but without the multiplayer there isn't much to do only 5 maps and others are only for LAN so i doubt it would be worth its money for sp only

kamikaze SGT Chaos

GF makes me horny

50 XP

28th June 2003

0 Uploads

91 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

hmm here i was thinking the req specs were gonna be like vista.. lol eg need a high end pc to run it.. lol

swartsengagger

blowing heads off

50 XP

20th October 2006

0 Uploads

86 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

the box says for the specs

1.7 Ghz 512 mb ram 128mb grafix

Jager_57

Addicted to Gmod

50 XP

10th September 2006

0 Uploads

269 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

The main problem is that I don't think it can be played without logging in with an online account first. And even if you could, you get no unlocks, only a few maps and they are in smallest size, and you fight against brainless bots. For single player, BF2 is better, but not perfect either.

Radicalmonkeyhead

The Radical

50 XP

15th December 2005

0 Uploads

1,611 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

kamikaze SGT Chaos;3536419im a hardcore battlefield fan but i dont play online because im on dialup... What i wanna know is if its worth buying for SP... and if my machine will run it...

My specs are P4 3.6 Ghz Processer 1gb of ram and a radeon 9250..128mb im upgrading to a 9550 shortly.. DX 9.0c

is this enough?

How comes your a hardcore b2 fan if your playing the games on dial-up?

West36

Don't forget to bring a towel!

50 XP

24th March 2005

0 Uploads

326 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

Same here, excpet I play on the internet, I have BF1942 and all its expansion packs, along with Vietnam and BF2, for which I eagerly await FH2, is BF2142 worth it? Do you all like it if not love it, or even veiw it was 1 OF TEH AWESMEST GAMES OF AWL TYM!?!!1 ? Because I want to know, compare it to other BF games too please. Also, are the buidlings as insanly tall as they seem?

SVD_Sniper

"Custom User Title" eh?

50 XP

23rd August 2006

0 Uploads

642 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

Yup a lot of buildings are tall.

If you want an SP game, get STALKER instead, 212 SP is lame. If you can play multi tho, it is a damn sight better. I prefer it over BF2 in terms of the balance beteen kits and veighles, but the style of 2 is better (real guns are always going to be cooler). The new game mode is good, but no way near as good as conquest. If you have the extra £6, then get norhten strike too, as it adds a lot to the game for a small fee.

It also has a buddy list, so you can join a friend who is online at a click rather than ahving to discuss it with them on Xifre and get an IP or whatever. Dead handy that.

IMO its 100% worth the money, but if you are on dial up, dont bother.

The-Bleh-Bleh

Hasselhoff is my hero

50 XP

12th December 2006

0 Uploads

6,189 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago
Jager_57;3540117The main problem is that I don't think it can be played without logging in with an online account first. And even if you could, you get no unlocks, only a few maps and they are in smallest size, and you fight against brainless bots. For single player, BF2 is better, but not perfect either.

Nope, i was just playing on lan with my friends today, it worked fine on lan without getting online. First you must get an online account, but after that you can log on without connecting to the internet once its on your computer

HighCalibreWeapon

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

27th May 2007

0 Uploads

25 Posts

0 Threads

#10 11 years ago

I despise the futuristic setting. i had a go and i dislike it so much, i wouldnt buy it its a peice or trash, along with BF:2