BigJediGuy

2nd Lieutenant Silver

50 XP

15th July 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

I've been trying to figure out why I keep having so much lag on every server I go to. Even the ones with 10 people on it is too much for my computer to take. I wonder if anyone knows what I need to stop this lag. Here are some of the parts on my computer. Celeron D 2.8GHZ 80GB PATA100 HDD 1 GB DDR333 RAM Nvidia 6600 AGP8x Intergrated LAN (at 100mbps w/DSL) 400w PSU 5 year old DVD drive Is it the LAN or is it something else? I'd like to know.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 12 years ago

Well BF 2142 needs 2 gigs of ram and you're video card is dated you need atleast an X800pro or an 6800 GT for BF 2142 to run well.

BigJediGuy

2nd Lieutenant Silver

50 XP

15th July 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

Thanks a lot Videoslave. I thought it might be the video card and ram. I'm gonna get 2 gigs soon. Could it also be the DSL and Intergrated LAN?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 12 years ago

I think thats okay I'm not sure but I can defitalnly tell you that even BF 2 lags on a good machine like mine that only has 1 GB of ram.

BigJediGuy

2nd Lieutenant Silver

50 XP

15th July 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

Yeah BF 2 lagged a lot for me. I got the Demo a year ago with an Nvidia 5500. All settings were low and I got 15fps AHH!!! I can understand that this game needs more. I was thinking 2 gigs of DDR400 would be enough.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 12 years ago

yes 2 GB's would serve you very well for that game. I'm surpurised you got a FX 5500 to run BF 2 becuase the minuim asked for much more.

duskAngel

bf2142 geek

50 XP

28th November 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

aw c'mon slave, you don't need 2 gigs of ram for 2142 lol. many guys i know only have 512 megs and are just fine. so 1gb is fair enough.

jedi guy, the most important is your graphic card, it's gonna increase game performance much more, than a new ram, believe me in that.

BigJediGuy

2nd Lieutenant Silver

50 XP

15th July 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

I was thinking of upgrading the RAM first to see what it does. Going from 512mb to 1gb made my fps on the demo of BF 2 go up 15fps. So I guess 2gb will make my fps go up by at least 10. Yeah I know my videocard is old. Thanks for the advice duskAngel. Oh videoslave, I thought BF 2 required at least the 5200 from Nvidia to play it. Actually you don't always need exactly what the game requires. I have a Celeron D for BF2142 and it's never been tested to work for the game.

Crimson_Might

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

2nd January 2004

0 Uploads

240 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

BigJediGuy, that is a very short sighted idea. You have to realize that this game is nothing compaired to what is about to come out. You need to just hold on to that money, suck it up, and start saving for a new computer.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 12 years ago
I was thinking of upgrading the RAM first to see what it does. Going from 512mb to 1gb made my fps on the demo of BF 2 go up 15fps. So I guess 2gb will make my fps go up by at least 10. Yeah I know my videocard is old. Thanks for the advice duskAngel. Oh videoslave, I thought BF 2 required at least the 5200 from Nvidia to play it. Actually you don't always need exactly what the game requires. I have a Celeron D for BF2142 and it's never been tested to work for the game.

A celron D is a slightly reduced P4 soo it's not all that bad. Get the 2 gigs of ram and a new video card I'd recommed a Geforce 7800 GS or an X1950pro in AGP. I think Battlefeild 2 requried a Geforce 6200 or Radeon 9500 becuase the all Geforce FX's din't really have a soild DX 9 core and BF 2 makes full use of DX 9. Many FX owners made a big deal so I'm pretty sure there is a hack that allows BF 2 to work on the FX's.

aw c'mon slave, you don't need 2 gigs of ram for 2142 lol. many guys i know only have 512 megs and are just fine. so 1gb is fair enough.

jedi guy, the most important is your graphic card, it's gonna increase game performance much more, than a new ram, believe me in that.

As for being able to play BF 2 on 512-1 GB of ram yes it's very do able but as you trun up the settings you get alot of hitching and lag even if you have a good video card.