BigJediGuy

2nd Lieutenant Silver

50 XP

15th July 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#11 12 years ago

Yes I know that Crimson. I don't plan on getting those big next-gen games like Crysis and Age of Conan. I was thinking of upgrading from an Nvidia 6600 to 7600. For a person like me I don't care about running games at max settings. If it works at med settings and doesn't lag then I'm good.

Crimson_Might

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

2nd January 2004

0 Uploads

240 Posts

0 Threads

#12 12 years ago

LOL! Here, here! I am totally for that, but it still possible that it won't push 30-40fps with that setup your building.

duskAngel

bf2142 geek

50 XP

28th November 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#13 12 years ago

well i do have FX5200 and yea, it's really shitty on 1GHz athlon XP with 1GB RAM, that's why i'm gonna upgrade asap. however, on the lowest details, small infantry maps runs well, really, no prob.

Chocu1a

Feel my heat, Heavens on fire.

45,365 XP

3rd August 2005

0 Uploads

4,209 Posts

0 Threads

#14 12 years ago

Battlefield 2 & 2142 are known memory hogs. I had a p4 3.0, 6800gt, & 1 gig ram. It lagged for crap. I put in aother gig of ram...Bingo...no more lag. The 6600 is fine for 2142.

Wraith 5

The Fun cannot be Halted!

50 XP

11th October 2005

0 Uploads

3,047 Posts

0 Threads

#15 12 years ago

Another thing that is a major cause of lag is routers, It's nothing to do with the graphics settings, just that the EA master servers really don't like them for some reason. I can't remember how exactly to solve this without completely disconnecting your router, which you wouldn't want to do if you have more than one computer networked. I just completely unplugged my router, and I don't get nearly as much lag as I did with it plugged in. Hope this helps, but i'm sure someone else will have a more technical explaination....

Jager_57

Addicted to Gmod

50 XP

10th September 2006

0 Uploads

269 Posts

0 Threads

#16 12 years ago

I think the game needs an engine upgrade... or downgrade. BF1942 forced me to buy a new graphics card, then a better one for BFvietnam and yet again for BF2! 2142 thankfully works ok but I get a fair amount of lag inside the titan at times. Half-life2 has graphics more than twice what battlefield has and is very good to my computer, I think they need to go to the source engine!:D Although according to Garry's mod, that engine may not handle vehicles very well.

BigJediGuy

2nd Lieutenant Silver

50 XP

15th July 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#17 12 years ago

Hey thanks to all of you for your help. I seem to do pretty well in most of the maps but like you Jager when I get into the Titan my computer lags a lot. Guess a RAM upgrade is the best thing to do for now.

ArmoredPersonel48698

i fight to the death

50 XP

29th December 2005

0 Uploads

110 Posts

0 Threads

#18 12 years ago

Titan mode has a problem of its own. The reason it lags so much is because the game engine has to move both the titan and the players who are on it. Most people complain about the server being laggy and then they go on another server and another and another and it keeps happening. They then go and spend hundreds of dollars upgrading their computer and it wasn't their computer at all. Well...don't get me wrong the extra RAM helps out when multitasking. But if your lagging when you are playing the titan mode download the latest patch which is available here http://battlefield2.filefront.com/file/Battlefield_2142_Client_Files;73880 . With this patch EA discontinued the ability for the commander to move the titan when the shields are down. But even with the new patch you are going to have some lag. I reccomend you download and install the new patch (if you haven't already) and see what happens. Then if the problem persists go get some more RAM. I hope this helps.

hobo joe

magic hobo

50 XP

30th November 2002

0 Uploads

1,154 Posts

0 Threads

#19 12 years ago

hey big jedi ive had lag in games for along time i dident know why i had a geforce 6200 xfx 256 mb a intell celeron 2.8ghz and 512 ram i got lag in alot of games mostly bf2 and obvlion i recently upgraded to a intell pentium 4 dualcore 2.7ghz and bought a new harddrive maxtor 300gb that greatly brought my fps up i play bf2142 on medium graphics with antialisying 2Qx and it runs very smooth my old harddrive was to blame mostly i think you should consider a new harddrive or a duel core processer

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#20 12 years ago

No his cpu is fine it's just a ram thing for this game. A more powerful video card would help out alot too.