(+5@1312EWULFX+)

The Devil's Reject

50 XP

8th February 2006

0 Uploads

299 Posts

0 Threads

#21 12 years ago

Me and my cousin played at the same time shareing a 1.5mbps DSL connection and I only play 32-64 player games and we had no lag, so its not you connection. Now as for the ram I notice when I upgraded to 2gbs All my lag issues dissapeard with both bf2 and 2142. Note that when a game says it requires so much memory such as 1gb, and if you only have 1gb in your pc you must take in account that windows hogs up some of that. When it comes down to running the game you only end up with 800000bytes or 500000bytes of that to acctualy use depending on what you have running in the backgrond, so you must also be sure to stop useless background task.

BigJediGuy

2nd Lieutenant Silver

50 XP

15th July 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#22 12 years ago

Thanks a lot. I guess Windows is a bigger hog of memory than I thought. They need to work on that.

ArmoredPersonel48698

i fight to the death

50 XP

29th December 2005

0 Uploads

110 Posts

0 Threads

#23 12 years ago

Videoslave...true. thats what i did. but don't forget if its titan mode your still having problems with it has a problem of its own. in titan mode the sever and your computer has to move the players that aere in the titan have along with the titan. so that in part adds additional strain to the computer/server. EA has tried to fix that. they made a new patch that doesn't allow the commander to move the titan after the shields....that partially fixed but they still have some bugs to fix.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#24 12 years ago
(+5@1312EWULFX+);3454569Me and my cousin played at the same time shareing a 1.5mbps DSL connection and I only play 32-64 player games and we had no lag, so its not you connection. Now as for the ram I notice when I upgraded to 2gbs All my lag issues dissapeard with both bf2 and 2142. Note that when a game says it requires so much memory such as 1gb, and if you only have 1gb in your pc you must take in account that windows hogs up some of that. When it comes down to running the game you only end up with 800000bytes or 500000bytes of that to acctualy use depending on what you have running in the backgrond, so you must also be sure to stop useless background task.

Not in all games that require 1 GB of ram, I played Hitman Blood money witch recommeds 1 gig and I played it fairly well even with MSN running. But in BF 2 you need 2 GB of ram to run the game without a hitch.

BigJediGuy

2nd Lieutenant Silver

50 XP

15th July 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#25 12 years ago

I'm gonna do the RAM first. I'm gonna also do the Power Supply cuz if I get a better video card it's gonna need more power. I was thinking 500w is good. Also I gotta upgrade my old DVD drive. I don't like super old stuff on an average aged system.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#26 12 years ago

Good idea. Also when buying a powersupply make sure it's a heavy one. ususlly heavy means better quailty. And also try and get bran name too. Hears one that I would recommend to you: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153028

SVD_Sniper

"Custom User Title" eh?

50 XP

23rd August 2006

0 Uploads

642 Posts

0 Threads

#27 12 years ago

I swear its nothing to do with PC specs, These are mine: Manufacturer:MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD Processor:AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz Memory:2046MB RAM Hard Drive:300 GB Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS Monitor:Plug and Play Monitor Sound Card:Realtek HD Audio output Speakers/Headphones:Headset with mic Keyboard:USB Root Hub Mouse:USB Root Hub Mouse Surface:Coffe ring and (dry) beer stain on table :p Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

And IU still get horrendus lag on about 70 % of servers