thefuzmixman

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

4th November 2006

0 Uploads

42 Posts

0 Threads

#11 14 years ago

I have a setup similar to yours. Actually your setup beats mine, but yea... my pc handles the 32 man servers the best and i avoid titan mode period because the fps sometimes drops into the teens.

my tips are to only play on smaller servers and make sure the server ping is really low.

long term tips: save up and upgrade your mobo and processor to current standards!!! it's what i'm doing :)

(+5@1312EWULFX+)

The Devil's Reject

50 XP

8th February 2006

0 Uploads

299 Posts

0 Threads

#12 14 years ago
Crimson_Might;3376498You're the one who posted a new topic about a subject that has 10 other threads already open. Fine, something meaningful: Your computer sucks. Your CPU is horribly out dated and is bottlenecking your over powered video card and you're running Kingston ram which isn't bad but has never had the best timings on it. You need to upgrade to a Duo or x2 if you’re cheap and get better ram.

intel sux and you know it those are the worst processors for games.

Bloodjunky

I'll Swallow Your Soul!!

50 XP

14th November 2006

0 Uploads

57 Posts

0 Threads

#13 14 years ago
thefuzmixman;3378988I have a setup similar to yours. Actually your setup beats mine, but yea... my pc handles the 32 man servers the best and i avoid titan mode period because the fps sometimes drops into the teens. my tips are to only play on smaller servers and make sure the server ping is really low. long term tips: save up and upgrade your mobo and processor to current standards!!! it's what i'm doing :)

Thanks for the advice man:) Guess I'll try to stick To smaller servers. My singleplayers seems to do Ok FPS Wise I suppose It's Just all the anarchy That throws it off In 64 man Servers which is what I usually Play. Deff Gona Upgrade UT2007 Dreams dancing in my head:nodding:

Crimson_Might

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

2nd January 2004

0 Uploads

240 Posts

0 Threads

#14 14 years ago
(+5@1312EWULFX+);3378989intel sux and you know it those are the worst processors for games.

OMG, what are you on? I want some, too. Sounds like we got a AMD fanboy.

Well, my complaints aren't from the clients P.O.V. I own a ranked server box dedicated to BF2142 and when clients aren't on our servers that we pay 200+ for it pisses me off to no end. I could really care less about anything else. http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/11/02/kentsfield_released/ There are tons of other sites out there which say the same thing but I am on my lunch brake and don’t have time to find them. Now think again before posting against me because you will always get burnt.

(+5@1312EWULFX+)

The Devil's Reject

50 XP

8th February 2006

0 Uploads

299 Posts

0 Threads

#15 14 years ago
Crimson_Might;3379770OMG, what are you on? I want some, too. Sounds like we got a AMD fanboy. Well, my complaints aren't from the clients P.O.V. I own a ranked server box dedicated to BF2142 and when clients aren't on our servers that we pay 200+ for it pisses me off to no end. I could really care less about anything else. http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/11/02/kentsfield_released/ There are tons of other sites out there which say the same thing but I am on my lunch brake and don’t have time to find them. Now think again before posting against me because you will always get burnt.

Whatever AMD is built for gameing I build pcs I should know the only fanboy here is you. And you can listen to all of intells propaganda if you want they lie to make people buy.

Bloodjunky

I'll Swallow Your Soul!!

50 XP

14th November 2006

0 Uploads

57 Posts

0 Threads

#16 14 years ago

Amd 4 Life:bows: And you can call me a fanboy. They Blow Intel Out of the rendered water!

Crimson_Might

50 XP

2nd January 2004

0 Uploads

240 Posts

0 Threads

#17 14 years ago

LOL! Fanboys equal the gayness of the computer hardware community, you know that right? I go with what ever delivers the most performance and options. There is no evidence that the AM2 even come remotely close to the Duos gaming abilities. Every review site says that the 6700, which isn’t the top Duo out, blows away the competition.

Bloodjunky

I'll Swallow Your Soul!!

50 XP

14th November 2006

0 Uploads

57 Posts

0 Threads

#18 14 years ago

Well,back on point to the thread topic. I did some ressearching and i tried some things one of which is updating my WAY outdated soundcard. I ended up getting the new Creative x-fi That bosts a 15% increase in performance due to saving on the cpu cycles. I was a skeptic,but i needed a new sound card anyway,so the end result i increased most of my games FPS 20 to even sometimes 30 frames. And the card performes like a dream with bf2142.The sound is awsome as well. My network card was not ready for Vista so I'm gona try out a new Net card as well. Anyway anyone have troubles may wanna look sytem wide. Not just the main 3. Hope this helps someone in the future.:D

Crimson_Might

50 XP

2nd January 2004

0 Uploads

240 Posts

0 Threads

#19 14 years ago

Don't get the Killer. Not enough reviews out there supporting what it claims to do.

thefuzmixman

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

4th November 2006

0 Uploads

42 Posts

0 Threads

#20 14 years ago

what??

so you are saying that with an updated soundcard you actually got an additional 20-30 framerate boost?

no friggin way.... there was something else wrong because it sounds absurd that just an updated soundcard could boost gaming performance that much. i mean i can understand a couple fps increase, but wow.