Crimson_Might

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

2nd January 2004

0 Uploads

240 Posts

0 Threads

#21 14 years ago

Yes, exaggeration of the year right there. I get about a 10fps boost on my rig. X-Fi is a great card but it doesn’t offer that kind of performance even if you get the onboard memory version.

Bloodjunky

I'll Swallow Your Soul!!

50 XP

14th November 2006

0 Uploads

57 Posts

0 Threads

#22 14 years ago

In this thread I feel the need to defend myself on every thing a post,and it's really getting to trouble me a LOT. Bottom Line I on my system mine got a significant performance boost due to the upgrade i did. Agian i made this post to help people out there having the same troubles that i have. The point I was trying to make is people having problems may want to look at the whole pc. Why on earth would i come on here overstate something,that dosen't help me.or the people on here looking for solutions. Did It improve the FPS as much as i stated? Well Bf2142 was pretty much unplayable for me. Now I play at Medium settings 1024x768 Res. And i only get below 30 fps on big battles on 64 man servers. Anyhow I really don't care who thinks what I know what the differance is and that's all that matters. Crimson btw Why would it not work if like you said my gpu was bottlenecking my cpu the sound card could have really help clear out the cpu cycles. Or maybe you just know my system better than i do?

Crimson_Might

50 XP

2nd January 2004

0 Uploads

240 Posts

0 Threads

#23 14 years ago

30 frames improvement is impossible just from a sound card. And the major benifical improvement for you would be the sound quality if you have a nice speaker system to go along with it. 30 frames… there is just no other benchmarks out there to support that kind of improvement that you are getting. Even with the on board memory, which is probably something you skimp on, you only get about 15 frames more.

Bloodjunky

I'll Swallow Your Soul!!

50 XP

14th November 2006

0 Uploads

57 Posts

0 Threads

#24 14 years ago

Well,There are some reviews on NewEgg that tend to agree with me. A couple of other places too.

Crimson_Might

50 XP

2nd January 2004

0 Uploads

240 Posts

0 Threads

#25 14 years ago

And have you read the ones from Newegg? They are all done from people with absolutely no knowledge of computers. People give negatives for the stupidest crap there. Newegg isn't a good source. So what else do you got?

Bloodjunky

I'll Swallow Your Soul!!

50 XP

14th November 2006

0 Uploads

57 Posts

0 Threads

#26 14 years ago

Yeah how dumb of me of course people going to a computer part site to get parts to build pcs wouldn't know anything about them:rolleyes:

Crimson_Might

50 XP

2nd January 2004

0 Uploads

240 Posts

0 Threads

#27 14 years ago

What I mean by that is that they don't run any benchmarks like www.modders-inc.com, www.tomshardware.com, and www.extremetech.com does. So, yes, it was dumb of you.

Bloodjunky

I'll Swallow Your Soul!!

50 XP

14th November 2006

0 Uploads

57 Posts

0 Threads

#28 14 years ago

So,it takes benchmarks in your eyes to notice that you had an average of x FPS,then you did an upgrade and then got x Fps? LOL I use fraps for avgs. as most gamers intrested in performance building etc. So I think you argument that becuase they don't do benchmarks like those sites is unfounded and pretty darn stupid.:nodding:

Crimson_Might

50 XP

2nd January 2004

0 Uploads

240 Posts

0 Threads

#29 14 years ago

Then your the only person who got that kind of performance because I looked reviews on the four main versions of this card and not within the first 100 reviews on each did I find one thing relating to increase of 10, 20, or 30 frame per second. Here are some qoutes to why people are so stupid on newegg:

hard to locate certain color plugs since its all gold the bundled software is a bit exsesive and somewhat confusing, and an aol cd came inside the box, which i took as an offense. ...oh now i remember why i never bought this earlier. because it was expensive... The drivers for this product eat away your cpu usage. I tried 12 times reinstalling the xp pro x64 drivers from both the cd and the web updates. For whatever reason, the driver for this card would boost my pcu usage to over 50% about 5 minutes after I started my pc! I have an intel core 2 duo e6600 processor. Other people have had the same problem according to the creative forums. At all costs, stay away from this card!!!!!! I wish I didn't need a sticker sheet, instruction guide and magnifying glass just to put my sound cables on the inputs. That gold plate look is nice, but you can't read the etchings for the plugs. The full install from the CD + the patch from creative caused two different systems of mine to slow way down the longer the pc was booted, and long pauses between actions. This was only remedied by installing just the audio console/driver from creative. i bought this card to replace an audigy2 zs which i had owned for ~2 years and was very happy with. installed it easily, but when it came time to configure the linux sound server, i soon found out that this card is unsupported and creative doesn't intend to support it before 2007. even when it does get support, the creative driver will cripple it and force it to emulate 8bit sound. Drivers on the CD take FOREVER to install.

Oh, the supidity...

Wraith_9

You cannot escape the master.

50 XP

1st November 2005

0 Uploads

558 Posts

0 Threads

#30 14 years ago

That is actually pretty stupid, but still, I can believe that an X-Fi boosts to 30FPS.

Bloodjunky, have you considered your internet connection? If singleplayer works better, then maybe something is going on with your internet. What speed do you have? Have you properly configured your firewall? I know they're obvious suggestions, but sometimes people forget just how important they are.