Gib_Gib

I'm too hairy to Post

50 XP

14th February 2006

0 Uploads

31 Posts

0 Threads

#11 12 years ago

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/STCS5/3-/3305647/Battlefield_2142_Northern_Strike/Product.html

This UK online shop seems to be selling it on pro order, so you might well be able to buy it not just download it.

JavaJawaUK

Wootikki!

50 XP

13th July 2006

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#12 12 years ago

Well, Euro Force and Armored Fury came out in the shops, did they not? EA still has to offer a hard-copy to maximise profits, but I should think that most people interested in 10 easy unlocks [like me] 2 apparently well-balanced vehicles [like me] and 3 new maps [like me again!] would download it. I for one am looking forward to the RDX shotgun, Goliath IFV [I try and play EU most of the time], Shock-absorbant boots and active camo upgrade in particular. God I can't wait to get the RDX shottie and jump on a vanilla 2142 server so I can see the looks on their faces . . . well, virtual faces.

UGSAce

Webernet Law Enforcement

50 XP

26th July 2005

0 Uploads

1,993 Posts

0 Threads

#13 12 years ago
(+5@1312EWULFX+);3534526Download/buy online wich is bullshit cause I wont be able to get it cause I have no CC and cannot get one. Besides its just stuff that should be realesed with new patchs, instead of realeseing patch after countless do nothing patch wich is becomeing insane im realy starting to hate EA.

do you have paypal? you can use that

der_zixed

Need A Dispensa Here!

50 XP

19th July 2006

0 Uploads

137 Posts

0 Threads

#14 12 years ago
JavaJawaUK;3557107Well, Euro Force and Armored Fury came out in the shops, did they not? EA still has to offer a hard-copy to maximise profits, but I should think that most people interested in 10 easy unlocks [like me] 2 apparently well-balanced vehicles [like me] and 3 new maps [like me again!] would download it.

ill just wait until they release a booster pack collection like for bf2, then ill have my mom waste 20 bucks on something that should be free,

I try and play EU most of the time

yea theres some one that agrees, i hate the pac

Roaming East

Ultima ratio regum

50 XP

7th November 2005

0 Uploads

4,770 Posts

0 Threads

#15 12 years ago

what makes you think it should be free?

SVD_Sniper

"Custom User Title" eh?

50 XP

23rd August 2006

0 Uploads

642 Posts

0 Threads

#16 12 years ago

Making maps and weapons, fixing glitches/bugs , and adding game modes requires programmers, scipters, designers and the like.

Programmers, designers and the like require pay. They can use that "pay" as a resourse exchanged for goods and services.

Would you have the programmers go hungry?

Also on that note, its £6. The game cost me £34.99. Its a disproportanetly large % increase in content compared to % increase in price.

I can understand wanting it free, hell I wnat a free house , car, Cobra gunship and food (not in that order), but its not realistic.

And also, £6! Boo-frickety-hoo. What else would you spend that on? My £6 would probably only go on a packet of smokes or contribute to a bing drinking session anyway.

JinRenegade

From da Renegade! (For [SR]!)

50 XP

8th December 2006

0 Uploads

56 Posts

0 Threads

#17 12 years ago

EA are getting a bit sloppy...I mean, 2 new vehicles, 10 new equipment and 3 new maps?? Cmon!!! Be more creative here! This is 2142! They can make up whatever they want in the future! I mean, ive got more ideas than those guys have...like this... 1. Titan MK II: The 2nd Titan that deploys Jet Fighters (not the Jet Heli's. New type of vehicle) that has 3 hangers. 1: Normal where Heli's come from. 2. From the left, when a person gets in a jet, the hanger opens up from the titan and the Jet Fighter is launched like a sling shot and then can be controlled by the pilot afterwards 3. Same thing, but on the otherside. 2. Destructable environments: They are thinking about that arent they? Like Bad Company? They could add it in 2142 aswell. 3. Heavy tank: A new type of tank for the EU/PAC. The EU one has 2 cannons and can take quite alot of punishment like the mammoth tank. The PAC one can go invisible and has 2 pulse anti tank things like the Anti-Tank turret and has 1 cannon. 4. Mobile Rocket Launcher Vehicle (MRLV): EU/PAC have a vehicle that launches rockets at vehicles. 5. Flamethrower for Support: Burn them up!!! 6. Mobile Anti Aircraft Vehicle (MAAV) Go wherever you want with this vehicle and blow up Jets/Helis. 7. Improved Graphics: Partly reflected ground, better looking environments, can see the map for a longer view (optional in options). 8. Blood: ...if EA is serious about it being a battlefield...or wants a little difference... 9. Thermal Goggles for Recon: Would be cool to snipe your enemys this way wouldnt it? (Can also see invisible units) I have more, but i cant be bothered to post all of them. Tell me what you think of them, i wont be offended at all :)

Roaming East

Ultima ratio regum

50 XP

7th November 2005

0 Uploads

4,770 Posts

0 Threads

#18 12 years ago

Im all for those improvements. And if the system requirements necessary for playing such a game excludes every NOT on a T1 line with a dual core processor and 2 megs of RAM then so be it. If that knocks you out of the running for playability thats too damn bad

SVD_Sniper

"Custom User Title" eh?

50 XP

23rd August 2006

0 Uploads

642 Posts

0 Threads

#19 12 years ago

I think most of those are okayish. Not too keen on the ubertank or the jet thingy tho. Im a pretty hardcore infantry fan...

Also extra graphics would be nice but the main thing I would want is extra draw distance. Some of the weapons are very accurate, like the zeller, however if you can see a baur guy, he can hit you pretty easily.

This is part of my wish that they would un-nerf sniping in 2142.

I think a quite good addition would be like a hover FAV (not like the NS one,) one htat can get to an altitude of around 40-50 meters (enough to get over most small buildings). 1 or 2 man capacity and unarmed. Unarmoured too. It would be for rapidly moving , and not for combat so if you meet hostiles you would have to either escape or dismount and voss them in the face (or bullets to that effect).