Sssitinith

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

16th August 2004

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Alright so I just bought this, and I've installed it, the patch, and updated all my drivers. In gameplay (not in the game menu) I get a constant popping, like the sound you get when the hardware buffer underruns. Think of like, when you set the needle down on an old record and it has that static and popping noise, thats kind of what is happening.

I usually play with ultra high/xfi on with bf2, but no matter what mode I change it to it keeps on popping. The only difference is, with xfi mode the pops are hi-fi ;)

EA support is giving me no help so I figured I'd ask here.

Specs:

4600+ X2 AMD 2 gigs Corsair DDR2 X-fi Fatal1ty 7900 GTs BFG in sli Raptor SATA hd

Thx in advance

Wraith 5

The Fun cannot be Halted!

50 XP

11th October 2005

0 Uploads

3,047 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

've had kinda the same problem.... except the sound keeps dissapearing every few seconds, as if someone keeps pressing the mute button. In the time spaces when this does happen, everything sound related goes, not just the game. like teamspeak.

(+5@1312EWULFX+)

The Devil's Reject

50 XP

8th February 2006

0 Uploads

299 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

Odd cause I dont even use a fancy sound cards infact ive never bought one. I always use the onboard sound card and it works fine. Try Checking your sound settings in the game, also could be a speaker problem.