duskAngel

bf2142 geek

50 XP

27th November 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

so what's the deal? as far as i know you don't get any new weapons, special abilities, commander powers... hell you don't get a shit. so what's so cool about being a supreme commander? i don't see anything great about it, since it's pretty weird that generals move across the battlefield while in real they sit on their asses in a shelter and scream orders at their men.

OsirusWolf

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

2nd January 2007

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

its justa bragging rights rank thats all nothing else comes with that rank except the right to brag that you've played the game long enough to achieve the rank

btw is it me or is it so much easier getting ranks in 2142 then it 1942 an 2?

hadeez

JUST TRY TO ENSLAVE ME!!

50 XP

21st October 2006

0 Uploads

167 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

The rank is there to feel like you've actually come from a little newbie to a Battlefield veteran..Only idiots and morons brag about how they're Supreme Commander. It doesn't mean you're special, it means people will work even harder to kill you.

JinRenegade

From da Renegade! (For [SR]!)

50 XP

7th December 2006

0 Uploads

56 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

Ye i have had the same problem. This guy who came on a server, was just saying "Im a Supreme Commander! You better do as i say because im a bigger rank than you are!", then, someone was flying a transport and the supreme commander guy jumped out and got killed by the pilot. He was saying sorry sorry sorry but the SC guy just shouted "NOOB!!!! No wonder your a low rank! Your a Silver Captain! THAT IS LOOOOOW!!! Admin! KICK HIM!" ...and the admin kicked him because the SC said "if you dont obey me, i will inform EA that you kept team killing an SC!" Can't these people stop this?? So what if he is an SC, it doesnt make him better than all of us. The next time i see him, i will pwn his ass then he will start crying "NOOB"

SVD_Sniper

"Custom User Title" eh?

50 XP

23rd August 2006

0 Uploads

642 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

Getting the rank of supreme commander adds a full 2" to the length of your eManhood. It is so you can say, "my eManhood is almost 2x as big as yours!" to other people who actually take this seriously and worry about their "online rep".

Also many of the BF awards are based on noting more than time. It takes no inherent skill, only blind devotion to get loads of them. They should make the awards more combat orientated, like for getting a K2D of more than 10, 13 and 16 , bronze silver and gold, (or whatever) in a round.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 11 years ago

That's funny, obviously the highest ranks cry the most. I played with Taatoon who was Lt Gen that time and not only he played like the biggest noob ever and we all 'low ranked noobs' had like 1000 times better score than he had, but when our SL dropped a beacon down on the roof he was crying like a f**king little baby: 'UAAAARGH!! THEY'RE ON THE ROOF!! KICK THEM, KICK THEM!!!', 'I WILL BAN YOU, ALL OF YOU!!' etc... Of course nobody was kicked or even banned, because nobody was actually listening him...

minime1034

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

6th January 2006

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

How do you actually become Supreme Commander? Isn't it through a competition or something? Anyway it'll just be good to know you have acheived the highest rank in the game. No point pressing it on everyone else though, not that we care if we're "noobs" :)

SVD_Sniper

"Custom User Title" eh?

50 XP

23rd August 2006

0 Uploads

642 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

You get it by playing 24/7 for a week. There are people who use scripts that play for them (usually commander) so to compete you will need to play 24/7. Thats basically it...

Fadeaway

Fegh.

50 XP

4th March 2007

0 Uploads

243 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

The rank is a temporary one. You work your way up to the rank below it and fight from there on out to qualify for Supreme Commander for the week.

As has been said before, it just gives you useless bragging rights. That, and there are some complete morons who'll actually listen to you due to your rank.

The Joelteon7

The cake is a lie.There is no cake.

50 XP

13th November 2004

0 Uploads

3,926 Posts

0 Threads

#10 11 years ago

It does actually give you slightly more than bragging rights.

Having Supreme Commander as your title enables you to go into a game and when the Commander Election is going on, you'll get the position (it's done on highest rank). It also enables you to have a shiny rank medal for a week.