Two questions. -1 reply

Please wait...

Flodgy

I'm way cooler than n0e (who isn't though?)

50 XP

27th May 2004

0 Uploads

6,034 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

Are the Sprint endurance and recovery unlocks worth it? As in, do they make a noticeable difference?

And does the Dystek Hi-Scope for the Specials Ops tier one unlock tree affect the Lambert Carbine?

Cheers!

Ocarnia2001

As if.....someone....is here

50 XP

16th November 2006

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

1. Yes, they do make difference, a must unlock! 2. I have no idea

loshon

SimetriX Member. Join us!!

50 XP

22nd January 2006

0 Uploads

194 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

2. Is that the one that lets you stabalize your sniper rifle? If so, yes, you are able to stabilize it and it makes a short range sniper weapon.

SVD_Sniper

"Custom User Title" eh?

50 XP

23rd August 2006

0 Uploads

642 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

1. Essential. 2. The stabiliser works with the lambert, yeah and allows you to fire very short burts more accurrately than usual. Still a bit of a waste - it is designed to aid snipers, and it does that very well, its effect is less noticeble with the lambert.

Flodgy

I'm way cooler than n0e (who isn't though?)

50 XP

27th May 2004

0 Uploads

6,034 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

Cheers guys,

Well, I've unlocked all the way too the Baur Heavy Assault Rifle, the Lambert, and in progress of unlocking the Hanz HMG. After that I'll pick up the 2 sprint upgrades.

I wasn't referring to the stabilization unlock, but the one before it. The enhanced scope thing.

Thanks again!

SVD_Sniper

"Custom User Title" eh?

50 XP

23rd August 2006

0 Uploads

642 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

It lets you zoom in 2x as far, by scrolling the mouse wheel. Can be useful, but it can be really bad too - leading targets is often hard enough with movment, stabilisation direction and speed let alone having to think about your zoom factor as well.

Fadeaway

Fegh.

50 XP

4th March 2007

0 Uploads

243 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago
SVD_Sniper;3829258It lets you zoom in 2x as far, by scrolling the mouse wheel. Can be useful, but it can be really bad too - leading targets is often hard enough with movment, stabilisation direction and speed let alone having to think about your zoom factor as well.

Never considered how zoom factor can be bad in leading shots. I generally crank it up to 4x magnification and:

1. Wait for someone to start using their iron sights on the move or standing still.
  2. Wait till they run directly at me.
  3. Hunt down enemies who are just staying still and convince them that it's not safe to do so.

Of course, in all cases I try to land headshots, especially with Assault characters. I know from experience that if you go for any other part, they'll just sprint and jump away into cover and whip out the M-HUB; let them live while you shoot someone else and they'll bring him back as well.

I'll try only using the base magnification for future reference though.

SVD_Sniper

"Custom User Title" eh?

50 XP

23rd August 2006

0 Uploads

642 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

It can help - its just that its yet another thing to get used to...I'd reccommend only using it once you are comfortable leading at the standard zoom level, then trying to zoom in further for uberlong shots :D

Roaming East

Ultima ratio regum

50 XP

7th November 2005

0 Uploads

4,770 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

I actually find the stabilizer to be of great use with the Lambert. The games coding has it so the Lamberts damage per hit is almost twice on semi what it is in full auto. So you save ammo and gain quicker kills by setting it on semi, using the stabilizer and drilling people 3-5 times vs spraying 15 into them.