SteelSabre

Skeptix

50 XP

27th May 2005

0 Uploads

478 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

Bf2142 just is gonna be the worst way to use 50 bucks. Same game, just a mod really. Just keep playing bf2, and wait for mods, although bf2 sucks as well..UNTIL! FH mod :). Instead of buying 2142, buy Quake Wars, now that game looks like a game I'll be playing for quite a while.

EA is producing more and more crap. Besides for all the lame ass patches because some noob says something sucks, EA needs to go release a patch because the noob can't do shit. The games they've been releasing lately have sucked ass as well. I do not intend on purchasing from EA anymore, unless they make something amazing.(Doubt it). I realize I am going to get stupid feedback "HUR HUR YOU ARE SO CHEAP YOU WONT BUY IT". But those are the idiots and noobs..:/

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

You are entitled to your opinion, but please moderate the language in the future, if you do get flamed for you post please respond in a mature manner.

I haven't played BF2142 beta but I am concerned about the way EA is treating the BF franchise as a cash cow, and this does lead to poor quality games. I will reserve judgement until it is released, but I am certainly going to look at Quake Wars myself when it is released.

Oh yes, as for being cheap, I refuse to buy the expansion packs for BF2 because I don't think they are worth the money.

AK

:smokin:

GateKeeper{NL}

Formaly You-Seek-Yoda,

50 XP

19th May 2005

0 Uploads

123 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

^^ i am a [EMAIL="F@#@%^idiot"]F@#@%^idiot[/EMAIL] who played bf2 1 whole year and i loved it and i could do it again if i have the cance :D but then i would be better (seriously this is not a bf2142 related but more a rant)

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 12 years ago

I have played the beta and like it. I agree bf2 and EA are becoming loose in gaming. but still waiting for ET QW in 07 way better. vist my site www.natoclan.ca I will be hosting both games.

carson1482

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

26th October 2005

0 Uploads

61 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago
SteelSabre;3211301Bf2142 just is gonna be the worst way to use 50 bucks. Same game, just a mod really. Just keep playing bf2, and wait for mods, although bf2 sucks as well..UNTIL! FH mod :). Instead of buying 2142, buy Quake Wars, now that game looks like a game I'll be playing for quite a while. EA is producing more and more crap. Besides for all the lame ass patches because some noob says something sucks, EA needs to go release a patch because the noob can't do shit. The games they've been releasing lately have sucked ass as well. I do not intend on purchasing from EA anymore, unless they make something amazing.(Doubt it). I realize I am going to get stupid feedback "HUR HUR YOU ARE SO CHEAP YOU WONT BUY IT". But those are the idiots and noobs..:/

dude shut up its just a game L8ers

Shintsu

For the glory of Helghan

50 XP

10th April 2005

0 Uploads

12,926 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Have to agree with ya Steel, EA has soured things up with their latest BF games. I am still a BF1942 fan playing FH on there is still really fun. BF2 really sucks because of all the lame glitches and problems and I can't seem to make it run smoothly at any resolution on my computer. BF2142 however does run pretty well on here and looks fairly decent, as should BF2 but it doesn't for some reason or another... In any case, BF2142 is fun but I'm not sure I'd think about buying it. It's got a lot of problems (like the glitch as SOON as you download the demo requiring a DirectX fix download, or the fact the servers are acting up now) but what EA game doesn't anymore...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 12 years ago

SteelSabre;3211301Bf2142 just is gonna be the worst way to use 50 bucks. Same game, just a mod really. Just keep playing bf2, and wait for mods, although bf2 sucks as well..UNTIL! FH mod :). Instead of buying 2142, buy Quake Wars, now that game looks like a game I'll be playing for quite a while.

EA is producing more and more crap. Besides for all the lame ass patches because some noob says something sucks, EA needs to go release a patch because the noob can't do shit. The games they've been releasing lately have sucked ass as well. I do not intend on purchasing from EA anymore, unless they make something amazing.(Doubt it). I realize I am going to get stupid feedback "HUR HUR YOU ARE SO CHEAP YOU WONT BUY IT". But those are the idiots and noobs..:/

Obviously you haven't played the demo.. *yawn* I played BF2 lots, but even so I am very impressed with BF2142, mainly in that I encountered no bugs, and when I saw their recommended graphics settings (everything except textures and something else.. can't remember, on high, and 2x AA) I was very skeptical, considering how laggy BF2 was when I first loaded a map and when too much happened at once, but when I loaded up a server, I was very pleased to find that it ran glassy smooth the entire time I was playing.

They've really cleaned this engine up.

super6-4

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

26th July 2004

0 Uploads

960 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

jeez i sure wont be surprised if this turns out to be a failure. probably the only good games EA made for the PC is medal of honor allied assualt(awesome shooter) and bf 1942

FN_lewrbm69

It's Not Easy Being Green

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

3,372 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

well to all the haters out there if you dont like Sci fi you might not like this game.... BF2 was modern combat this is Scifi combat. and the ame play is diff but most mods are going to switch to 2142 for the new scripts the grav and the walking scripts.

KoalaMeatPie

Cute And Fluffy, In My Tummy!

50 XP

8th July 2005

0 Uploads

85 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

Seeing The Previews off GameSpot for BF 2142, got me to download the torrent. I Liked ti a lot and Purchased the Delux pack.

I played the Beta for 2142, Love it, Titan Mode is just so much more then anything else I've seen. I prefer the Futuristic style, and I find the the BF feel has been preserved thanks to the lack of Fantasy Weapons.

I gladly say that I have the Pro Order, and that I am going to purchase 2142 as soon as I can on the 17th.

[Added] Jetpack Mod might be one of the first scripts I can Imagine out there.