duskAngel

bf2142 geek

50 XP

28th November 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

there's already the 'expansion pack ideas' thread, but many things could also be implemented into the game with some of released patches. this is my suggestions list for both expansion pack and patch.

-- new game elements --
space maps fast battleship with a number of turrets for fighting vehicles and aircraft new commander's strikes (cluster mines, ion cannon...) allow commander duty only to officers or to player with the highest rank in team silencer for lambert carbine throwable knife laser proximity mines binoculars thermovision new special pilot class; pilots are only armed with sidearm and knife and only they can drive aircraft, they also can repair damage during flight and have damage bonus while controlling secondary ship's gun positions titan armed with superheavy beam strike and bombs in order to stop enemy forces boarded on titan, commander is able to activate security system (sentry guns located in coridors and important areas) for 2 minutes, but only once in match stationary high calibre anti-infantry cannons automatically activated laser countermeasures (eliminating missiles) for transport ships
-- new unlocks --
small nuke charge for recon class personal shield for assault class powerful heat seaking missile for engineer class machinegun advanced cooling system for support class
-- general fixes --
every new rank gives damage bonus: 0.25 for firearms/0.4 for vehicles hotkey for applying commander and quick disconnecting saving buddy messages history new advanced server searching options (FF/autobalance OFF etc.)

swartsengagger

blowing heads off

50 XP

20th October 2006

0 Uploads

86 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

I've said my thoughts about some of the points. the ones that are not included are OK.

duskAngel;3440821

-- new game elements --
new commander's strikes (cluster mines, ion cannon...) // Don't overpower him allow commander duty only to officers or to player with the highest rank in team // defenitly not throwable knife // NICE BF meats Splinter Cell binoculars // must have thermovision // not of use maybe in night fight maps that arent in the game new special pilot class; pilots are only armed with sidearm and knife and only they can drive aircraft, they also can repair damage during flight and have damage bonus while controlling secondary ship's gun positions // To specific i think titan armed with superheavy beam strike and bombs // overpower :P ,, the titan is strong enough allready in order to stop enemy forces boarded on titan, commander is able to activate security system (sentry guns located in coridors and important areas) for 2 minutes, but only once in match // possible but always available and destroyable automatically activated laser countermeasures (eliminating missiles) for transport ships // already available but nog automated
-- new unlocks --
small nuke charge for recon class // like blow the titan with 1 blast ? not gonna happen personal shield for assault class // already there => IPM shield powerful heat seaking missile for engineer class // upgrade has 2 smaller missiles machinegun advanced cooling system for support class // should overpower it
-- general fixes --
every new rank gives damage bonus: 0.25 for firearms/0.4 for vehicles // then the differances will only increase saving buddy messages history // MUST HAVE new advanced server searching options (FF/autobalance OFF etc.)

duskAngel

bf2142 geek

50 XP

28th November 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

ad required rank for cmdr - don't you hate when your team is leaded by a corporal noobie, who does absolutelly nothing? no support, no recon, no nothing. i do and since you can apply mutiny, it won't be always succesful, because not an everyone cares about strategic advantages and not an everyone cares about teamwork (you still can find many lone wolfs). it's also pathetic, when there's a mutiny against a skilled high ranked officer, applied by a sergeant, who just wants twice more points.

ad thermovision - don't twist it with nightvision. seeing heat of your enemies throught walls is very big advantage. if you have played IGI2, you know what i mean. but to be fair, you cannot use weapons.

ad knife - i don't play splinter cell, but i loved throwing in XIII. one dagger into neck -> pwned.

ad pilots - i'm sure many people would be against this, especially those who love using a jet and when it's about to destroy, they simply jump out and continue fighting on the ground with assault rifles. i don't say i don't do that. but it's not how it works. it's one of most unrealistic things in bf series at all. also jets, and i'm sure you guys will agree with me, are very powerful in good hands, so why to make a pilot strong both in the air and on the ground?

ad SHBS (aka superheavy beam strike) - imho vessels should always have some special weapon/superweapon, titans have only a few artillery and AA turrets, nothing more. in fact they don't look like battleships at all. all you can see is the core, a few corridors, the storeroom and the hangar. also nothing of that looks very real. e.g. those weapon stations look really funny. i don't wanna be too critic (although it could seem so), it's just how i see it.

ad titan sentryguns - yep, but still it can slow enemy forces and that's what's going on.

ad laser countermeasures - not really, what all vehicles have is some kinda energy shield protecting a vehicle from damage (don't know much how it works, don't use vehicles). what i'm talking about is a missile killer. we already have this on planes, it uses laser to deactivate the missile's warhead and disarm it. but it should be on transports only, gunships are powerful enough.

ad nuke - not so powerful. very, very small nuclear device...

ad shield - in fact i meant a handable one, like in CS. you can hold a pistol in your right hand.

ad heat seaking missile - a what? i'm not sure what's your point... you mean SAAW? well that's only anti-aircraft, i mean anti-ALL-vehicle. okay, not very powerful, even less powerful than stock rocket launchers, but still heat seaking.

duskAngel

bf2142 geek

50 XP

28th November 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

ad required rank for cmdr - don't you hate when your team is leaded by a corporal noobie, who does absolutelly nothing? no support, no recon, no nothing. i do and since you can apply mutiny, it won't be always succesful, because not an everyone cares about strategic advantages and not an everyone cares about teamwork (you still can find many lone wolfs). it's also pathetic, when there's a mutiny against a skilled high ranked officer, applied by a sergeant, who just wants twice more points.

ad thermovision - don't twist it with nightvision. seeing heat of your enemies throught walls is very big advantage. if you have played IGI2, you know what i mean. but to be fair, you cannot use weapons.

ad knife - i don't play splinter cell, but i loved throwing in XIII. one dagger into neck -> pwned.

ad pilots - i'm sure many people would be against this, especially those who love using a jet and when it's about to destroy, they simply jump out and continue fighting on the ground with assault rifles. i don't say i don't do that. but it's not how it works. it's one of most unrealistic things in bf series at all. also jets, and i'm sure you guys will agree with me, are very powerful in good hands, so why to make a pilot strong both in the air and on the ground?

ad SHBS (aka superheavy beam strike) - imho vessels should always have some special weapon/superweapon, titans have only a few artillery and AA turrets, nothing more. in fact they don't look like battleships at all. all you can see is the core, a few corridors, the storeroom and the hangar. also nothing of that looks very real. e.g. those weapon stations look really funny. i don't wanna be too critic (although it could seem so), it's just how i see it.

ad titan sentryguns - yep, but still it can slow enemy forces and that's what's going on.

ad laser countermeasures - not really, what all vehicles have is some kinda energy shield protecting a vehicle from damage (don't know much how it works, don't use vehicles). what i'm talking about is a missile killer. we already have this on planes, it uses laser to deactivate the missile's warhead and disarm it. but it should be on transports only, gunships are powerful enough.

ad shield - in fact i meant a handable one, like in CS. you can hold a pistol in your right hand.

ad heat seaking missile - a what? i'm not sure what's your point... you mean SAAW? well that's only anti-aircraft, i mean anti-ALL-vehicle. okay, not very powerful, even less powerful than stock rocket launchers, but still heat seaking.

duskAngel

bf2142 geek

50 XP

28th November 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

ad required rank for cmdr - don't you hate when your team is leaded by a corporal noobie, who does absolutelly nothing? no support, no recon, no nothing. i do and since you can apply mutiny, it won't be always succesful, because not an everyone cares about strategic advantages and not an everyone cares about teamwork (you still can find many lone wolfs). it's also pathetic, when there's a mutiny against a skilled high ranked officer, applied by a private, who just wants twice more points. i think this is a way how to stop it.

ad SHBS (aka superheavy beam strike) - imho vessels should always have some special weapon/superweapon, titans have only a few artillery and AA turrets, nothing more. in fact they don't look like battleships at all. all you can see is the core, a few corridors, the storeroom and the hangar. also nothing of that looks very real. e.g. those weapon control stations look really funny, they look like play machines. i don't wanna be too critical (although it could seem so), it's just how i see it.

duskAngel

bf2142 geek

50 XP

28th November 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

*bump* noone wants a single change *bump*

duskAngel

bf2142 geek

50 XP

28th November 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

*bump* of no other ideas/comments

Jager_57

Addicted to Gmod

50 XP

10th September 2006

0 Uploads

269 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

Spacemaps are kinda ahead of this time period. What is there to fight over? America probably controls everything up there anyway. I think the Titans are just fine Clustermines and ion strikes, I can't see them doing anything much different from orbital bombings and space dropped EMPs. The way commander is done is just fine. I know that mutiny doesn't work much but I'd rather have a kick after smaller percentage to compensate for the ones who don't vote. Might be cool Not really neccesary, and can't get a dogtag that way. How is that different from regular mines? Scopes? I don't need 3+ extra weapon spaces. Would be a good unlock for high ranks :) Heck no, not nearly enough ships. And all I do is fly. Titan might become too powerful when between two bases, but I like where the idea is going. AS IF IT ISN'T HARD ENOUGH TO GET A KILL WITH AN ACTUAL GUN IN THERE!... *cough* sorry. Support class has those. but non-automated would just make it harder on everyone. Transports need to be destructable too. No sense making it harder than it is. With a good pilot, you won't need that. ---- Recon has good bombs. I don't want anything bigger! Not really needed, but maybe a slight bit more armor instead. Maybe. You mean more powerful? No. The gun is powerful, don't get carried away. But... it would be nicer to shoot longer. ---- No. Haven't tried it but wouldn't typing "bind (key) disconnect" work? And what could be more lazy than not clicking apply for commander? Sounds pointless, but it can't hurt. Yes. ------------------------------------------------------- Using thermo to see through walls, I don't like that. unrealistic and slightly overpowering. suddenly there is nowhere for snipers to go. Pilots may be unrealistic in vanilla BF2142, but the game would suffer from this kind of realism. we need a new game to do that. Overall, this may please a few people, but if this happened, you'd need bodyguards to protect you from the enraged outcry from angry players. People don't always see the good things and always hate every bad thing.

Roaming East

Ultima ratio regum

50 XP

7th November 2005

0 Uploads

4,770 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

I would hope they fix the Support guns, Being able to only fire 40 rounds sustained before it 'overheats'? what kinda bullshiat MG are they forcing upon us. It doesnt even make logical sense that the one weapon DESIGNED for spraying large volumes of ammo is completely unable to do so because of an arbitrary overheat system. Id rather they be inaccurate but be able squirt 100 or so rounds than to accurately trickle them out. Its worse than the rifles in damage at close range and it takes 10-15 rounds to get the thing accurate and once you do another 10 or so cause the gun to cease firing. Its lame and its retarded. fix it.

duskAngel

bf2142 geek

50 XP

28th November 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#10 11 years ago

hey what i really want in a next patch is ignore list for servers. i've just been on one... mines FF on, kids in walkers shooting their teammates (some noobish ZERO clan or what) etc... that means the server where i'll never return. but it's impossible to remember all those freaking servers' names, so since i can add servers to fav list, i want have an option to add them to ignore one as well...

anyway...

ad binoculars - it'd be not an unlock, everyone would get them as stock item, like helmet, knife, armor and so on. in the future, they could be implemented into a helmet and it'd be really cool.

laser mines are different from claymores in that way, you can't protect against them by crouching (which is also very unrealistic, but w/e). once the laser (almost invisible, not like in HL - fat blue line, visible at 100 meters lol) is passed, the wall mine explodes.

ad anti-infantry guns - dude i meant CANNONS, not some little tittle lo-cal sentry guns lol. there are the stationary machineguns in bf2, so why we don't have them in 2k as well, huh? ok, maybe the cannons would be a bit overpowered, so at least some MGs.

ad transports - true, but this only kills missiles, there is still many AA weapons using a different technologies to shot a ship down.

roaming east, yea they don't act like machineguns at all, however, you still can kill a guy on great distances; real MGs' effective range is very limited. but their damage is really low, goddamnit.