Anubuz

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Hi all! I'm teamleader from HL2 Mod Seed of Torment. We, "The team" have been working very hard on our mod the last couple of months .. and HL2Files was so nice to host us and bringing the HL2 community the scoop on our mod. But from the moment it got launched I got lots of great comments but also alot of bad ones. even treads about doing the same to me as they did to valve. I got emails that I stole from valve etc.

What suprises me is that we are making a non profit, fan based product based on the HL2 Technology.. for free. and why would you attack something like that. What do you do about it? defent yourself against every person that bad mouths ya, keep quiet and only read the good posts... i do not know.

I was just wondering if other mod's got the same experience with this and how they solved this. I got a new character done and she looks so good that I dont want to show of my work and get shit about it...

Please let me know.

Regardz, Anubuz

Vanthem

Medic With A Baseball Bat

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago
AnubuzI got a new character done and she looks so good that I dont want to show of my work and get shit about it...

I say don't sweat it, man. Desert Combat, probably the most successful mod to come from Battlefield 1942, started off the same way. People were saying Frank Delise was just a "photoshopper" creating false images. Now he's most likely going to end up a very well off guy. Heh. So send me that character. :naughty: Most of the community will know legitimate work, especially when the mod's released. Heh.