Crawler

Crawler

50 XP

29th July 2003

0 Uploads

44 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Aight, so i know most of you are prolly going insane cause ANOTHER mod has started. Believe me i know the feeling. I used to be part of NS: PO, a craxy SEALs Mod that went bombshell. Anyway i am starting my own mod, only im not going to make it all super hard, or extremely confuzing, nope, i am going to make it the oposite of that. Extremely simple and fun to play. Even though this is CS User Friendly (as in most people from CS will like it), it is no where near a counter strike clone, and no offense to anyone, but most of these mods out there ARE counterstrike clones, regardless of what they say. Bellow i will post all the main aspects of the mod, including gametypes and other things. I dont expect people to read all of it, but since its organized u guys should atleast read whats important to you. Okay heres the mod:

It will be called BASIC COMBAT, and it will be a super simple, non complicated, Sorta Realistic Damage Mod. Me and a freind are working on ideas for it already. Alright here are some specs. The mod is going to be multiplayer only and non AI associated. It will be basically like Tron mixed with a bit of Tribes and Halo. You play as polygons, basic human shaped polygons, in electricity based maps. There will be ONE polygon character model which will be devided for both teams. The teams are RED VS BLUE, not AXIS VS ALLIES, not OPS VS ARMY, and not SPECIAL FORCES VS TERRORISTS. I want this mod to be the core of simplicity.

Here are the weapons:

1st Slot, Mandatory Weapon

NOTE: Mandatory Class does not decrease energy level

Tazer: I might change the name of it, but it will be the substitute for a knife, every character will start out with this. It will be, like the knife, the only thing that will occupy the First Slot of ur weapons bank. Its secondary charges is, and the primary fires it. When fully charged it does 75% damage, when not fully charged (as in u just use primary) does 10% damage. There is no other weapon to replace it. Allows Maximum Moveability.

2nd Slot, Sidearm/Secondary Weapons

NOTE: Secondary Class are instant death to headshot

Pistol: Simple pistol, polygon shaped, has small details like writting and stuff, but is not modeled to look like a berretta or whatever. Its good at long range and has a 15 round magazine. Causes 20% damage on all body parts, instantly kills when headshot. Allows Fast Moveability. Has nearly NO decrease in energy for every round. Very small recoil.

Automatic Pistol: A basic pistol, only with automatic atributes. Has minimal detail, and polygon shaped form. Is good at medium/short range. Has a 20 round mag, and each round causes 15% damage, instant kill when headshot. Allows Fast Moveability. Has a slight decrease in energy for every round. Recoil is high for constant use.

Mini Shotgun: A basic (yes u can see where im getting all teh simplicity from) shotgun, only in a small way. Is pump action, and delivers a buchshot of bullets. Every shot disperces 5 shards into the target, there are 8 shells that can be loaded into the mini shotgun. Each shard of buchshot has 10% damage, if 2 shards are loaded into the targets head, it is instant kill. Allows Fast Moveability. Makes a moderate Decrease in Energy for every shot. Moderate Recoil, but resets fast.

3rd Slot, Primary Weapons

NOTE: Primary Class are instant death to headshot

Light Weapon: A basic light assault weapon. Can be associated with sub machine guns. Allows Fast Moveability, and has a light recoil. Has a 25 round mag, and full automatic setting. Has a slight decrease in energy for every bullet. Designed for fast movemant, is freindly to jumping, and has a small ammount of recoil. Ideal Recon Weapon. Instant kill for headshot. Does 10% damage for every round.

Assault Weapon: A basic assault weapon like the ak47, is moderate on recoil and has a 35 round magazine. Has a moderate decrease in energy for every shot taken. Is freindly to jumping and has full automatic setting. Designed for moderate movement and moderate recoil. Ideal weapon for battles. Instant kill for headshot. Does 20% damage for every round.

Sniper Weapon: REQUIRES ENERGY PACK (...i will tell u later on...) A basic sniper rifle with a 5 round magazine. Is semi auto, and does moderate decrease in energy for every shot. Is freindly to jumping when not in scope. Designed for little/no movement and steady picking off of targets. Ideal for holding a position, or taking out heavy targets. Instant kill for headshot. 2 Shots for body/torso, and 3 for leg or arms. Is Self Loading. (like sof2 sniper rifle) Can be fired when no scope, but there is no crosshair.

Heavy Weapon: A basic heavy assault weapon like the m60. Has 50 rounds in every super load magazine. Is full auto and very unfreindly to jumping (almost no jumping at all) Does 30% damage for every bullet, but is a monster when it comes to recoil. Has a moderate decrease in energy for every shot, but is not freindly to spraying either. Is ideal for switching power in a battle. Instant kill for headshot.

Explosive Weapon: Like the BFG, or the mortar launcher in Tribes 2, it is the very decider of battle. Had manual relaod for every shell. Has Enormouse energy decrease. After every shot, there is a moderate amount of time needed to recharge. Shoot straigh projectiles and does not allow Jumping what so ever. does 100% damage, and has 50% splash damage. Is ideal weapon for destroying big forces.

4th Slot, Nades

NOTE: All nades classes do not decrease energy level

EMP Shock Nade: The ideal grenade to use in situtations of overpowerment. The shock nade will reset a players energy level, and that player will have to wait for the energy level to regain full power. Until then, he cant jump, his walking is limited, and cannot fire a sniper, explosive, or heavy weapon. Players can only have 1 of this type of grenade at a time.

Negetive Discharge Nade (NDN, or NDG): Like a frag nade, it is explosive and causes relitivly ALOT of damage. Has 50% splash damage, and 90% on target damage. Is thrown very far, and can be bounced off of walls easily. Will not harm a targets energy level. Players can have only 2 of this type on grenade at a time.

Spike Nade: A perfect way to loose someone, the spike nade is ideal when u know u cannot fight any longer. The spike nade when throws releases its spikes, which act as a shrapenel. When it comes in contact with a solid object, it ignites, releasing all its spikes ******ds and damaging a players energy level, and character. It has a moderate decrease in energy level and has 20% danage fir every spike. It also temporarily (for 5 seconds) decreases someones speed. Players can have only 2 of this type of grenade at a time.

Okay so thats ALL the weapons. I know its short, and i dont care. Cause those are all the BASIC weapons u need in a game. Okay so ur wondering what the energy level thing is with all of the damage right? The energy level, is basically a bar on ur HUD which shows u how much energy u have in u. This energy level is decreased whenever u jump, sprint, or fire a weapon. This not only decreases spraying, but it also makes people more aware of what they can and cant do. If u still dont get it, think of the energy bar as the stamina bar in DoD.

Alright here are some basic upgrade packs u can get, each on allows u a special function.

Upgrades

NOTE: Some upgrades must be activated before showing effect.

-Spring Pack The spring pack goes on ur characters back. Once activated it can make ur character jump higher and run faster. It also decreases energy decrease when jumping and sprinting by 25%. So not only can u run and jump faster, but u can do it longer too. This pack consumes some energy while in use.

-Shield Pack The shield pack goes on ur characters back. Once activated it can fully shield ur energy bar from attacks of EMP Shock Nades and Spike Nades. It also can lessen the force of attacks from weapons. It is the perfect thing to use when against a Explosive Weapon. This pack consumes alot of energy while in use, so it is best to only turn it on when needed.

-Ammo Pack The ammo pack goes on ur characters back. It supplies u with extra ammo for all weapons u carry. It also regenerates ammo slowly after u have exhausted ammo for a certain weapon. This pack consumes no energy, however it will start to consume some energy when it is regenerating ammo. The pack can regenerate ammo upto 2 magazines, it will generate 1 magazine every minute.

-Energy Pack The energy pack goes on ur characters back. It supplies i with extra energy for use of sprinting, firing a weapon and jumping. It also regenerates ur energy level faster. It is required for purchase with the sniper rifle. If u are hit with an EMP shock nade, it will regenerate energy quicker than someone without an energy pack. It is ideal for every user.

Okay so those are some upgrades. I admit that i did rip of tribes alot, but those are the perfect things to use in a mod like this. If u havnt noticed, everything is associated with energy, even the polygon character u play is asssociated with energy. And thats how the mod will be. It will be multiplayer only and just plain for for the average person. It is a small mod with very simpel gameplay, so i dont expect it to take months. I will start on it as soon as Chaos Ops is done. I hope some of u will take interest in it too.

I will end the post with mentioning gametypes.

Okay one thing u should know, is that there wont be TONS of maps. Prolly just 10 very creative ones. It will be in a tron like environment. IE, theres either clouds of electricity over the map, or ur in a box of some sort. There will be no windows, and no small props like a water glass or watever. The terrain will be shaped into polygon form, with very familiar shapes, like hexagons, squares, traingles, BUT NO CIRCLES. There will be no curves in the mod watsoever. That gives it a certain look to it. The mods in a funny sort of way, will be named polygon_1, polygon_2, polygon_3 and so on. Each map will be compatable with atleast 3 gamestypes, making everymap even funner with variety. I know the mod will be succesful because its original, simple, and no ones doing it...reminds me of NS: PO :/ Anyway heres the gametypes!

DM (Deathmatch): Alright its simple as pie. You start out with ur choice of pistol, auto pistol, or mini shotgun. U run around the map killing people. But around the map there will be Primary weapons sitting, most likely the heavy and explosive weapons will be hidden creativly. In DM the polygon characters will look white, since there are no teams. Haha can u imagine white neon polygons running around killing each other? Priceless. :D

TDM (Team Deathmatch): Ya we are all familiar with this one quite too well. Like deathmatch there will be choice of pistol, auto, or mini, and u will find the primaries in the map somewhere. Only this time there will be teams. RED VS BLUE, no whites lol. Points like in deathmatch will count, only towards the team. Suicides do not effect the teams score.

CTF (Capture The Flag): We all love this one, but for those of u who dont know. In CTF there are 2 forts, each fort has a flag, the opposing team must grab the enemy teams flag, while keeping theirs steadily in their base. Flags are captured when 1 flag is taken from the enemy, and past on to ur flag post. Condition is that ur flag HAS to be there, for the point to count. Otherwise u go back and retake ur flag. If a flag is dropped, it will only be returned after an amount of time (like in sof2) until then the freindly team must gaurd their flag. Both teams choose all weapons and packs in beginning of map, there are extra weapons at each fort, but no HEAVY or Explosive Weapons.

HUNT (Either Hunter, or Hunted, i havnt decided): A fairly original idea used a few times before. In hunter/ed there are 2 teams, that of RED and that of BLUE. There is a flag in the middle of 2 forts. Like CTF u choose ur weapons and there are extras in the forts. Whoever gets the flag in the middle, gains one point for his team, and one point for himself. He turns white, so other players can differenciate. He racks up points the longer he has the flag with him, but he does not give more points to the team. Therefore, everyone tries to kill that person for team points, and personal points. At the end of the map, both the team with most points, and the individual with most points, are victorious.

BF (Battle Field): Battle Field is like Team Deathmatch, only with a CTF twist. There are 2 forts. The objective for each team is to get 1 person into the other forts control room. U start off with ur Tazer, and u get weapons from ur fort, they will be lying around somehwere. The heavy,sniper,and explosive weapon will be located at the top part of the fort. I dont know whether to include vehicles in these types of maps or not. So after u get ur stuff, u go out and battle, and try to get ANYONE from ur team into that control room. Each Fort has 2 automatic turrets which can be manually controlled. That is the second line of defense. The players themselves are the first.

Okay so there are some MAIN things about the mod. Heres a few things i forgot to add (If u havnt noticed already the things above are pasted from a differend forum). I will bend the rule of keeping it absolutely prime. When the mod progresses so will the state of how complicated the mod is. Things such as new weapons and things will be added making the mod a bit more confusing, but still keeping the aspect of true fun. One cool thing about the patching will be that players WONT have to patch unless they want to. See, if each patch makes the mod more complicated then that means some players might not like it. To stay in the appeal with all of the players, all the patches will act as different playable versions. So there will be a jumble of different servers for different versions.

Right now EVERY position is open, that means if u got a skill (ANY AT ALL) , i will hire u. Best do it now, cause the more memz the mod gets, the harder it will be to get in. If you are interested in helping the mod out heres what u can do.

-U can IM me using MSNM, or AIM (sorry i quit yahoo and ICQ a LONG time ago) My MSN: [email]raf4a@hotmail.com[/email] My AIM: Crawler101010101

- U can also email me at [email]raf4a@yahoo.com[/email] (DO NOT USE MY HOTMAIL ADRESS!)

-Or u can introduce urself at the Basic Combat Forums (yea i know they dont look like much now, but that will change later) + http://www.s4.invisionfree.com/Basic_Combat/

The Basic Combat Web Site Template is at work, so we will have a web site up soon also.

Okay guys thanks for taking ur time to listen to my petty words :p Cya on the battlefield...

Nemor

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

29th January 2004

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

It sounds slightly mediocre, no offense. It doesn't sound like you're bringing anything different to the gaming scene, and with HL2 being outside the norm, the mod community is expecting just that. It also has a TFC type feel to it.. I don't want to bring your mod down here because I'm sure there is alot of people that will like it, just bringing you my thoughts, a gamers thoughts. You should probably try to add some new aspects, maybe even a new game mode or something.. Just something to appeal to the experienced gamer such as myself. However, I will be watching your progress..

Crawler

Crawler

50 XP

29th July 2003

0 Uploads

44 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Ya i know what ur thinking right now, but trust me i will make it work. Sometimes its better to stay INSIDE the box. With all the new mods and stuff, of course there will be alot of new things, but then when u want something that doesnt have all the confuzn bs (no offense to anyone) u cant find that kind of mod. Sure HL2 Will have multiplayer, but like hte original its not going to be a strong suite. I know im not bringing anything different to the game, just new models, gameplay, and other stuff. But like i said, as the mod matures i will be adding new things with every patch, i hope u read that last part :p

Nemor

50 XP

29th January 2004

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Well you seem confident enough to pull it off, so good luck :)

Crawler

Crawler

50 XP

29th July 2003

0 Uploads

44 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Thanks! Every kind word helps... so does every member :p :D

he_who_says_zonk

50 XP

17th December 2003

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

i like complexity :P i live beyond the box :P but good luck to thee :)

azzkiker

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

5th January 2003

0 Uploads

4,259 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

All i can say is if u need hosting: http://www.halflife2files.com/file.stuff?body=Hosting

~azz [email]azzkiker@filesnetwork.com[/email]

Crawler

Crawler

50 XP

29th July 2003

0 Uploads

44 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

LoL How thankfull azzkiker!!! Truth be told, i was gana sk for ur hosting anyway lol. Oh and thanks He who says Zonk....okay.... for those nice words! :D

Nickman

50 XP

27th March 2004

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago
Crawler HUNT (Either Hunter, or Hunted, i havnt decided): A fairly original idea used a few times before. In hunter/ed there are 2 teams, that of RED and that of BLUE. There is a flag in the middle of 2 forts. Like CTF u choose ur weapons and there are extras in the forts. Whoever gets the flag in the middle, gains one point for his team, and one point for himself. He turns white, so other players can differenciate. He racks up points the longer he has the flag with him, but he does not give more points to the team. Therefore, everyone tries to kill that person for team points, and personal points. At the end of the map, both the team with most points, and the individual with most points, are victorious.

I got a Question on this! what if the guy that has the flag runs too hes team and get killed and the next person run too the team and get killed by them! Then it is sure that the team will win and one of the team members in that team will win! So you have too change some things in there! If you E-mail me on [email="Nicke_Black@hotmail.com"]Nicke_Black@hotmail.com[/email] We can disquess this and i can give you some ideas! AND if you can you can get guys that is good at this and make it too CoD too! it would be Awesome!