Kat

HL2 has no secrets for me...

50 XP

16th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,826 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Singleplayer Story You are a police officer, you come home at 6:30 AM after a long shift that took all night. You just want to rest, when all of a sudden a man throws himself threw a window, down stairs, you hear the door break and suddenly you hear 10 or maybe 20 people scream and they are looking for you, you open the door and suddenly you see 15 bloody people, they have wounds all over their body, some of them even have body parts missing! You close the dor immidiatly and you lock it, but those people are trying to break the door open. So you jump out of the window, you fall on your garden, it's grass. But you are wounded by a piece of glass, in your leg. You see houses burning, cars driving into houses, people eating each other. People driving away with their cars, you open your garage, and you start your car. You drive backwards and you drive over a few of those zombies. You drive away as fast as you can, suddenly a zombie jumps in on the road, you over run him, but the half of his body is still on the car, after a rough ride out of your neighbourhood, you are driving threw the city, suddenly a school bus crashes against a building, right in front of you, as you dodge the bus, you crash into a Hotel. Gameplay This is were the game starts, after locking the place down, you go to the top floor and from then, your on your own. The player has full controle in what he does. There are no objectives or any missions given to you. Doesn't matter what you do though, the zombies are coming for you, you can try and be a super hero and jump from roof top to roof top. But you have to get down some how too, that's not going to work... You need food too, so your going to have to use your small inventory for food, and weapons and ammunition, lots of ammunition since your all alone. You have to look for survivers and need to share some food and ammunition. Team Work The only way to survive is to work in a team, but the first part of the game, your all alone, so you'll have plenty of time to learn how to survive without having to think about your friends. Because the main problem with sharing items and having team mates is that if they get bitten, they'll turn against you, with the items you gave them. And offcourse you'll lose a friend... Since every surviver you come across has a background story, and when you have a break to eat, or get some more ammunition, they'll talk about their family and about how they are going to get out of this mess. So you'll get close with the AI, which means... You don't want them to die, if a friend dies, you'll really regret that you weren't there to protect him on time. Food You'll have a bar in your HUD, showing how much you have eaten and slowly it goes down. And when it's down, it's a matter of days before you die... Time You will also have to be carefull with planning your actions. Because an escape out of the city in the middle of the night will be very dangerous since you won't be able to see the hordes of zombies that want to take a bite out of you! But in the afternoon it's not wise to run over the streets since every zombie can see you then... Multiplayer The multiplayer will be a sort of Co-Op mode, but you won't have the entire story line. You spawn with a maximum of 10 players in the town, and you have to find each other and survive the hundreds of zombies. The town will be way smaller then the Singleplayer city, but it will still have lots of zombies. And you will have an objective! You will have to reach something. Different maps have different objectives, but think of things such as a garage were you'll have to open the door of a car, which takes a minute, then you'll have to open the garage door, and get out of there...ALIVE! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- That's about it. I hope people will want to join this mod. We already have: A webmaster (me), a mapper (me). We need: -Coder(s) -Moddeler(s) -Skinner(s) -Mapper(s) -2D artists E-mail me if your interested: [email="kevin_tufo@hotmail.com"]kevin_tufo@hotmail.com[/email]

xardy

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

20th June 2004

0 Uploads

43 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

you should get a design doc, make an hud example image or something, weapon list with their amo and damage and so on

Kat

50 XP

16th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,826 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Yeah, but I want to see if there are people interested in this mod...

Aurora-[NZ]

Formerly Nik1818

50 XP

20th April 2004

0 Uploads

2,468 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

I think it is very interesting. I loved the movie. One thing that would suck though Kat is the "Timer". Being timed restrict's you (as the player) to do whatever you want and pretty much ruins the whole game. I hate games that have timed missions/levels or play.

Kat

50 XP

16th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,826 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

There won't be a timer! But there will be zombies, and sooner or later they are going to break into the hotel...

Kat

50 XP

16th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,826 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

^^Bump^^

Kat

50 XP

16th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,826 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

The name has been changed to: 'The Living Dead' now instead of Dawn of the Dead, after the name of the zombie movie.