BigglesB

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th January 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Ok, this is an idea for a mod that may or may not go anywhere, just wondering what kind of (preferably constructive) comments people would have: Idea: mod HL2 into a modable RPG: Priorities: Create friendly and powerful tools for making levels, items, characters, spells, quests, conversations, stories, conversations etc. Change to point and click 3rd person interface. Create new combat, spell stat systems etc. The point being to create a skeleton which anyone can flesh out with content, an RPGDK Is it worth it? Would anybody use it? Whaddaya reckon?

L337_Haxs

L337 H4x0|2

50 XP

29th July 2003

0 Uploads

197 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

sounds cool, my only thing would be that hl2 maps are large but they are not as big as most mmorpg games so you would need work on something that would correct that, other than that sounds awesome if you need any help modeling anything just gimmie a yell:thumbsup:

[FFTT]Thanatos

ZSEF farcry modleader

50 XP

1st November 2003

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

would be an good single player mod.

BigglesB

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th January 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Well, i'm not thinking anything massively multiplayer, other than that you could keep track of you characters and use them from one quest to the other, so map sizes aren't relevant as you don't need to physically walk from one dungeon/wizard's tower/abandoned city/plagued forest to the other (unless you want to make that a quest in itself...) The thing that really worries me is getting enough example content that people can use in their own stuff. Eg textures, example walls, floors, items, whatnot. The 'dream' as it were is that someone with very little knowledge of modding could come along and make a decent quest using things like a 'room wizard' that you can chose a shape, height of ceiling, type of walls, where the doors are and what objects etc. are in it etc. all from prefabs. Of course the user should be able to make their own prefabs easily, but you need quite a large number of 'basic's in the first place to encourage the rookies.

succorso

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

6th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,025 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Sounds AWESOME! I'm a huge fan of the UO series, so kinda like that except 3d? Yeah, I support it, if you need anything email me [email="amp@1stcomm.net"]amp@1stcomm.net[/email] I do mapping, modding, and some small-time scripting :nodding: