Kat

HL2 has no secrets for me...

50 XP

16th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,826 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I think it would be cool to make a Halo mod, Breed is trying to be a Halo beater but if it fails this mod WILL kick ass! If we can get the right stuff in time this will be a very succesfull mod.:deal:

Traxil

Ownzoring and making mods

50 XP

29th March 2003

0 Uploads

394 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I do not see the point of having a Halo mod. Especially for HL2, considering that the actual Halo is coming to PC soon. It would not be much different and why would we want to play a cheap knockoff when we can play the real thing.

Kat

50 XP

16th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,826 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Because the V-source engine is way better then anything in this year!

That's wy it would be cool just seeing eye's trew the glass of a helmet and stuff!

Vanthem

Medic With A Baseball Bat

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

[COLOR=burlywood]Pretty sure it's just called the Source engine, man. I've never once seen it referred to as V-Source by anyone from VALVe.

I'm with Traxil on a Halo mod. Just seems like a waste of modding talent to duplicate a game that's coming to pc anyway and one that has a sequel on its way soon as well. Now if you want to do a mod based in the Halo universe, that could end up pretty good.[/COLOR]

Kat

50 XP

16th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,826 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

LOL! On an interview with Valve's 'boss' they all called it the V-source engine, Valve-source. What kind of stupid name is 'Source'?

Ok, then i'll think up another mod...

Vanthem

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

[COLOR=burlywood]Not like V-Source is so much better, heh. How old was this interview? Everything I've seen relatively recently has called it "Source". They can call it ChickenFat for all I care, doesn't change the fact that it looks great.[/COLOR]

Kat

50 XP

16th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,826 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

As old as the release of HL2. I mean the release of the news that HL2 existed...

Vanthem

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

[COLOR=burlywood]I think it's probably outdated then and it's only known as the Source engine now. Anyway, doesn't matter - Halo mod based off the Halo universe rather than a direct port could be a good addition. I wonder if one of the BF1942 Halo mods will switch over to HL2. Sure wouldn't surprise me.[/COLOR]

Kat

50 XP

16th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,826 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

There's already a BF1942 mod switched...

First it was 'urban chaos' which was based on gangsters and cops and civilians. And now nothing changed exept for the thing has got another name (i think) and it's now for HL2! :D

Vanthem

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

[COLOR=burlywood]Yeah, but I'm talking about some of the BF Halo mods switching, not mods in general. I've already seen several mods say they're going to HL2 from Battlefield (wise decision in my choice).[/COLOR]