OP:CO-IN is having a huge media release today. We have a player model with 2 skins, 3 weapon models with skins, and 11 model renders and a sound preview! On top of this, we have launched a new site at a new address, www.opcoin.net . Be sure to register to our forums to gain access to the Developer Showcase where you can get sneak peaks at new models, concept art, and textures. Before we touch on the mod overview, lets get to the media.
United States Marine - Woodland Pattern: M16A2
M240G M9 Beretta
M923 5-Ton Truck
M2 Browning .50cal
FN Minimi (Para)
FN L7A1 GPMG
Operation: CO-IN (OP:CO-IN for short) aims to offer players a realistic, intense, and more importantly, fun, gaming experience. Utilizing realism elements such as irons sights and proper damage modeling, we hope to supply a better representation of modern infantry combat then currently offered on the market. While realism is vitally important, fun and ease of use will certainly be emphasized. Players can expect to be constantly part of the action and effective in combat without having to map hoards of keys.
However, the main 'realistic' aspect is the way that the mod is played out by the team. The conventional forces are organized into squads within a Platoon and allows for a chain of command to be formed with only experienced players acting as the commanders. The roles within the platoon and squads are based on the necessity for supporting each other. There will be a weapons detachment squad to provide heavy fire support upon the enemy that allows the assaulting squads to carry out their mission. With more experience comes more choice as a player to be a more skilled and important role, such as a sniper or an engineer.
Featuring a wide array of weaponry along with compelling and diverse locals, players will rarely find themselves in the same type of situation twice. Features such as chat, commands, and tactic distribution for teamwork and squad cohesion will be steam lined for easy accessibility and use.
Immersion will be a keystone of development. Believable environments as well as properly portrayed characters and weapons will try and bring the player into the world of modern infantry combat. Sounds and other special effects will help to bring the entire package one step closer to a more authentic, exciting, and compelling gaming experience.
Currently, the team is looking to add the following to our roster. These positions are limited so please serious applicants need only apply.
- 2+ Years experience with C++ - Previous work with Half-Life SDK - Previous work with a modification ideal - Able to follow direction - Able to work well among a team - Participate in the IRC Channel as well as Forums - Meet Deadlines
- 2+ Years Experience with Valve Hammer Editor - Have excellent design skills - Have excellent detail skills - Able to follow direction - Able to work well among a team - Participate in the IRC Channel as well as Forums - Meet Deadlines
Map Prop Modeler
- Excellent 3D Modeling Ability - Works directly with the Mapping Department - Produce requested models on demand - Meshing and Skinning ability ideal - Able to follow direction - Able to work well among a team - Participate in the IRC Channel as well as Forums - Meet Deadlines
- Excellent 3D Modeling Ability - Excellent detail in creating accurately modeled vehicles - Meshing and Skinning ability ideal - Able to follow direction - Able to work well among a team - Participate in the IRC Channel as well as Forums - Meet Deadlines
- Excellent 2D Art ability - Excellent ability to create accurate and detailed vehicle skins - Meshing ability ideal - Able to follow direction - Able to work well among a team - Participate in the IRC Channel as well as Forums - Meet Deadlines
[color=black]All interested applicants must submit previous work and resume. Contact us at [email]firstname.lastname@example.org[/email] , drop by the forums at http://forums.opcoin.net/ , and IRC at #opcoin on GameSURGE.net . [/color]