DaN@eXodus

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

2nd July 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Maby somthing with the buillet time could propose a problem in multiplayer but, its just that i was so dissapointed with Enter the matrix that maby there could ba a mod to replace that game,..? would be cool to do some cool MP buillet dodging? sould to far fetched?

Vanthem

Medic With A Baseball Bat

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

[COLOR=burlywood]Problem with that is time relative to each person. Unless bullet time is going to slow everyone down when one person goes into it, it just can't work. If I fire 3 shots at you, they'll be almost instantaneous. To do a Matrix dodge, you'd have to see things slow down, then respond. Now, unless things slow down for me too, I'll be moving at normal speed and you'll still be dodging my bullets. I could walk up behind you and stab you in the neck. There's just no way for time to slow down for one person while it runs normal for everyone else. Bullet time that affects everone would almost be fine, except in big battles or even moderate-sized battles it'd be like you were playing the whole round in slow motion when you get bullet time after bullet time after bullet time.

I'd love to see it, but The Matrix is one of those things that can't be reproduced well in a multiplayer fps environment. A single player mod is entirely practical though.[/COLOR]

DaN@eXodus

50 XP

2nd July 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

totally agree with the time problem but i was thinking that maby with the cool dx9 shaders out there maby we could make the person that is in this buillet time to have a blurd hud or somthing ( similar like in ravenshield when u got that damn flash bang) not nesserally superfast speed that are inpossable to get but the ability to walk ( with limitations ) on walls and do cool shoot + diving in air, and **MABY** cool had to hand combat moves?? , maby even make a time bubble arround the game and when the "force" is enabled that that person get a hit of the real timeing of the game. sorry if u guys think ilm talkin a load of bull.

Vanthem

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

[COLOR=burlywood]Not at all, man. That's what the forums are for - discussion, and just because someone doesn't have all the answers, that doesn't mean it isn't possible. You had some good ideas in there. You could have it where Agent 1 shoots at you, you go into Matrixy bullet dodging mode and Agent 1 sees you moving slowly, sees the bullets moving slowly ('cause heck, I wouldn't necessarily mind watching that even if I was the one shooting, heh) and say I try to run up and hack at you while you're dodging, soon as I get within a certain distance, I enter that "time bubble" as you called it and I'd move just as slowly too. That way you couldn't be cheap-shot. Of course, people can't just always go dodging everything, so I don't know how you'd work that in.. maybe a "dodge" bar that drains quickly and takes a while to recharge. The bubble idea has merit though.

Hand to hand combat would be great, but I'm not sure how easy that would be to put in. You'd have to create a massive amount of animations I would think and how would you be able to control the combat moves?[/color]

DaN@eXodus

50 XP

2nd July 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Thx man :D appricate the mindmapping with you. About the preventing everyone using the builletime you could as u said have the dodge bar, But at the begining of the game every one starts with a very small bar and by playing good u get experiance point thus geting another cm longer bar but beware not to waist your buillet time as the bar take long time or FRAGS to recharge ;)

DaN@eXodus

50 XP

2nd July 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

hmm , there was once a game i think if i recall correctley called "Trespasser" that was the first game i ever seen that u could controle the hand in a fps game was very very difficalt to co-ordinate it forexample pick up somthin from a table like a gun the hand was swinging up down side to side u nocked everything of the table more than anything constructive but a really good idea , now if we could get that kind of programing, witch i have absolutley no idea we could use that but very far fetched as u had a real hard time controling one hand with the mouse how could u with the other?? but hay were in the future never say never :D

Vanthem

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

[COLOR=burlywood]It's certainly possible. Might even make learning close combat something of a challenge.

Hey, Dan, if you want to post back to back, just use your Edit button and add the text you want to your post rather than making two posts. Edit button is right next to the Quote button and above & to the left of the post reply button.[/COLOR]

DaN@eXodus

50 XP

2nd July 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

ok thx bro

DaN@eXodus

50 XP

2nd July 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

what i really what if thais kind of mod isnt possable atleats somekind of mod to alow a max pain side jump wilst shooting

Kat

HL2 has no secrets for me...

50 XP

17th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,826 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

www.thematrixonline.com

There will be bullet time in there and it's a MMORPG, so... They've probably found out a way to make itall work. :)