Qw3Ett

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

14th July 2003

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Lithicraft is a mod that was inspired by Blizzard's Starcraft. In the game teams will start out with a main building. One person will be the commander making buildings be built(like in NS). Except in this players will be able to go into the buildings and change into other units like in C&C Renegade. Buildings WILL be able to be destroyed and deactivated. When a player dies he will respawn as a probe, SCV , or drone(names and units will be changed to avoid interfearing with copywrite laws). The player will move to a building and be able to change if the team has enough resources. This game basically takes a popular strategy game and combines it with a FPS. And what better FPS enginee then Half-Life II?

We are in need of the following: Note: Past experience is recommended. Coders Modelers Skinners Sound Engineers Mappers Concept artists

IF you think you would be helpful and good addition to this mod team email me at [email]Qw3Ett@hotmail.com[/email]

In the email please include:

What you would desire to do in the mod. If you have past experience of being apart of a mod team and if so with what mod.

Means of contact: ICQ, AIM, or Windows/MSN Messenger.

We look forward to working but even more finishing this mod and look even more forward to the release of Half Life II.. Help us welcome Half Life II with a kick ass Starcraft Mod. We need your help to do it.

medhonor

A.K.A. Chaos Marine

50 XP

1st January 2003

0 Uploads

506 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Lol, there all already mods, but half life 2 isnt out yet!

Vanthem

Medic With A Baseball Bat

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

[COLOR=black]Well, with HL2 editing tools scheduled for release a month before HL2 comes out, it's good to get planning and have some work prepared early. :thumbsup: [/COLOR]

Qw3Ett

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

14th July 2003

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

well first of all you goe to city17.com and there are a ton of mods and also wouldnt you like for there to be mods that are almost done with hl2 is released then have to wait months? i know i would want to have a mod.

The Invisible Man

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

14th September 2002

0 Uploads

205 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Making a mod is just a little more then saying there will be a mod. I'd help, but from what you are asking, your team doesnt look too complete. Best of luck.

Vanthem

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

[COLOR=black]

well first of all you goe to city17.com

What does City-17 have to do with anything? You know why they have so many mods hosted? Because there was no one else around really when they first came out. :p HL2Files also does hosting and is the better choice.

No web sites may host large/largely popular files on their web site. Please use mirrors for such files.

No hosting files. You'd have to host your files somewhere else and that wouldn't be on City-17 because they don't have any media besides screenshots and wallpapers on there. So essentially you have no file hosting for popular files. HL2Files on the other hand will host your mod's files till the cows come home. Heh. The only stipulation is that the files have to be hosted on HL2Files.com and not in the mod website's server space.

- 200MB of web space (this number is very flexible).

A flexible 200 megs vs unlimited space and bandwidth - within reason - on HL2Files. And then in every other category HL2Files matches City-17.

I like City-17's site, don't get me wrong, but when it comes to news and files they're seriously lacking behind others. City-17's only real strong point is the hosting and if they launched today, I guarantee they wouldn't even have that (especially since HL2Files can provide more).

Oh yeah, they have a lot of wallpapers too.[/COLOR]

Qw3Ett

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

14th July 2003

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

My whole point is once I get a team this mod will be great.

Vanthem

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

[COLOR=black]I'd have to agree, it's a great idea. :thumbsup: [/COLOR]

AngrySpoon

I post to get attention

50 XP

16th July 2003

0 Uploads

69 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

I wanna get into a good mod team, ;D I think I will just join my friends LNMB get some good hands on work!

Qw3Ett

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

14th July 2003

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Lithicraft finnally has design document up if you are interested in helping out after you read it look under join.... http://lithicraft.city-17.net