Traxil

Ownzoring and making mods

50 XP

29th March 2003

0 Uploads

394 Posts

0 Threads

#172 16 years ago

The team is here to answer your questions, as well as any questions that anyone may have.

Kat

HL2 has no secrets for me...

50 XP

17th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,826 Posts

0 Threads

#173 16 years ago

COOL!

Here is another head breaking 'quiz' :p

1. Have you guys got any plans for Steam? 2. What will this mod be based on, arcade or reality? 3. Will there be stuff like Nitro in the game? (i just played 'Midnight club 2') 4. Will there be a 'cruise' mode? 5. If so, will it be possible to organize a small race on a specifik route. With an 'instant race organizer'... 6. How many players will there be possible to put in 1 server? I hope you guys can give antswers to these questions...

L337_Haxs

L337 H4x0|2

50 XP

29th July 2003

0 Uploads

197 Posts

0 Threads

#174 16 years ago

I got a couple of questions

Have you guys considered putting a mode where the drivers have to run to there car then start it up and race off? that would be cool

Traxil

50 XP

29th March 2003

0 Uploads

394 Posts

0 Threads

#175 16 years ago

KatCOOL!

Here is another head breaking 'quiz' :p

1. Have you guys got any plans for Steam? 2. What will this mod be based on, arcade or reality? 3. Will there be stuff like Nitro in the game? (i just played 'Midnight club 2') 4. Will there be a 'cruise' mode? 5. If so, will it be possible to organize a small race on a specifik route. With an 'instant race organizer'... 6. How many players will there be possible to put in 1 server? I hope you guys can give antswers to these questions...

1.Well Steam will be one of the main ways that HL2 will be upgraded. We hope that at best we can integrate a system to upgrade through that, but for all those who like the traditional way of upgrading we will upload our mod here. 2.reality, nuff said. This is not demolition derby, this is not San Francisco Rush. 3.Nox is available. You have to buy the kit and Nox itself. 4.Cruise. I presume like GTA. I doubt there will be to tell you the truth. That takes way too long for us to bother. Not to mention the fact that modeling cityscapes would take longer than cars. I can't say there will not be any. But dont expect anything like that soon. 5.Well the circuits will be chosen by the server so that's how you can pick where to go. But I think you are asking if you could like get a cityscape and choose a route to race. As interesting as that is, we probably wont have the time. We have a little time as is modeling cars. Stuff that like that we'll leave up to the mappers across the world. People will be able to make their own custom maps and upload them much like any other mod. That way your dream map can become reality. 6.1 server. At first, (you probably wont be able to see it anytime soon) it will be 4 players to make sure we can get a good race going. Then we will expand to 16 per server. You'll notice that this game does not necessarily need a full server to be enjoyed.

I'm sorry the answers are sparse but im in a hurry. But please, if you need more clarification just post. Keep the questions coming.

Kat

HL2 has no secrets for me...

50 XP

17th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,826 Posts

0 Threads

#176 16 years ago

Ok...

1. Will there be special clan options/tools? 2. Will there be special security agains cheaters? 3. What about the graphics, will we see drivers with detail as we see them in the original game (HL2)? 4. And will it also be possible to die as a driver? 5. Will there be trucks were you can get your car to pass beneath the truck? (2F2F)

You may aswell antswer these:p

Traxil

50 XP

29th March 2003

0 Uploads

394 Posts

0 Threads

#177 16 years ago

KatOk...

1. Will there be special clan options/tools? 2. Will there be special security agains cheaters? 3. What about the graphics, will we see drivers with detail as we see them in the original game (HL2)? 4. And will it also be possible to die as a driver? 5. Will there be trucks were you can get your car to pass beneath the truck? (2F2F)

You may aswell antswer these:p

Sorry I haven't got back to you but I've been busy with midterms and crap.

1. Clan options, well I'd like to input something like that because I would like people to make their own racing teams and such. That way the community would grow and only make the game better. As of now I'm not exactly sure what to plan in the way of this though.

2. The best security we can really offer is that of Valve's at first, but at first there will be easy ways to spot the cheats. That is because everything is erased after a circuit is completed. If someone starts a circuit with an exorbant motor and or items like nos kits, it is pretty clear to see what is wrong. But in the long run I would like to add a hook on the code to check the commands being run by people and make sure that no files are being run, like motor improvements or cash cheats.

3. Well the drivers will most certainly be visable. To what detail, that's up to my abilities. I'm sure for earlier versions you'll all look like Gordon or someone else because I want to finish some cars before I focus on character models.

4. No, this is not demolition derby as said many times before. Sure eventually you might be able to totally wreck your car but killing like that is best served in HL2 itself.

5. I assume you mean 18 wheeler style (where the trailer is magically lifted so that a car can squeeze under it). Well for the most part no. I think you make that game easier to make and easier to run the streets will be shutdown, similar to your 2F2F mentality.