Synic

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th July 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

The Battlefield 1942 Transformers Mod team (http://www.resemblesreality.com/TFMod/) wants to expand their horizon. We want to build a Transformers mod for Half-Life 2 as well. And we're looking for new team members with HL mod experience.

At first it will be based on Generation 1 of the Transformers. The scenes/maps will be several locations on both earth and Cybertron (just imagine those giant robots walking through City 17!) The Battlefield mod is currently focussing on player models and coding, so we have some Transformers models to start with. We haven't got a working Battlefield mod yet due to lack of an official SDK, but I guess that won't be a problem with Half-Life 2.

There are already modelers on the team, so we'll need coders and mappers and perhaps some skinners for the HL mod. The plans for this HL2 mod are at a very early stage (we just decided it this week), so any help and/or suggestions are welcome.

Visit our site and forums at http://www.resemblesreality.com/TFMod/ If you wish to join the team, you can email me at [EMAIL=tfmod@nwo.nl]tfmod@nwo.nl[/EMAIL]

Greetings,

Synic

SoundWave052703.jpg

azzkiker

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

5th January 2003

0 Uploads

4,259 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Sounds GREAT to me! Contact me when the mod is ready and i'll host it on www.hl2files.com with unlimited bandwisth and no registration or line waiting! A website in the format of www.modname.hl2files.com can also be provided if u wish.

┬Čazzkiker (www.hl2files.com admin)

Vanthem

Medic With A Baseball Bat

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

[COLOR=black]A Transformers mod would kick some ass, heh. I'd also like to see a Transformers mod done where the vehicle components of each Transformer are modeled & skinned as realistically as possible. So basically it'd be like what you'd see if a real Transformer existed, know what I mean? So many possibilities with Half-Life 2.. :D

Good luck, Synic. Keep us updated, you know the address- :p [email]news@hl2files.com[/email]

And, as Azz mentioned, if you ever find yourself in need of some website hosting, let us know. Otherwise Gimme all your files! [/COLOR]

Synic

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th July 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Wow thanks! That sounds great!

By the way, have you guys heard the big news yet? They're going to make a live action Transformers movie, based on Generation 1!

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=HAS&script=411&layout=-6&item_id=421174

Vanthem

Medic With A Baseball Bat

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

[COLOR=black]Whoa, that's awesome. But I hope it turns out better than X-Men.. >_< [/COLOR]

Traxil

Ownzoring and making mods

50 XP

29th March 2003

0 Uploads

394 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

This mod idea is very interesting. However, it must be done right. Animations will have to be awesome, not to mention the models. It's like I keep telling my mod team; boxy models and such are not going to be highly liked in HL2. You have to consider that you are downplaying the game if you bring in sub par models. Sure, you may say that gameplay is key, but in most mods, especially this one, it has to be onpar visually. I would hope that for everyone's sake that they do not rush this mod. Sure, you wont be the first mod on the block but really, why would you want to? People will want to play hl2 before they play any mods.

AngrySpoon

I post to get attention

50 XP

16th July 2003

0 Uploads

69 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Yeah, just to throw an idea out, To not make them so boxy,(TheModels) round sum of the model off you know? If I recal right I watched the show and some of the models were rounded a bit!:moon:

Synic

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th July 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Rushing the job by creating boxy models isn't our way to do it. We want these models and their motions to look like the real deal, I'm sure the Source engine can be (ab)used for this.