Kat

HL2 has no secrets for me...

50 XP

17th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,826 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Why didn't i think about this earlier!?!

WWII mods, like Day of Defeat, are very cool in HL1 so why not in HL2?

Come on people, who's with me? It's perfect!

Making a D-Day map with all these Real-physics! For example: Shooting a rope that holds a sandbag-bunker to let it fall open and let the 2 AXIS soldiers controling an MG-42. THINK ABOUT IT! the MG's will fall and so will the 2 soldiers!

:deal:

Vanthem

Medic With A Baseball Bat

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

[COLOR=burlywood]I've been saying that same thing since I first saw the E3 video. There's also a poll up at www.hl2files.com which asks what kind of mod you're dying for already. You should go vote if you haven't already. [/COLOR]

DaN@eXodus

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

2nd July 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

hmmmm again wwii mods? :( come on the war is over lets make some new ones invent some wars i meen it been done so many times thats its just not fun anymore u get really slow and antique wepons that u just not supprised at what u get like in a furureistic war *woow look at that new weapon!* or guns that you could imagin how they look in 50 years you know??

Kat

50 XP

17th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,826 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I understand exacly what you want...

But it's the cool thing about WWII! Just SEEING the bulets flash trew somewone's body or just see the germans shoot at you and all the yellow flash's flying over your head.

I didn't asked anywone to join up with me but it's just a cool idea!

I know it's done so mny times but with the V-Source engine it'll all look way better!

Kat

50 XP

17th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,826 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

And i'm having trouble voting, it shows a 404 error page wen i cast my vote...:(

EDIT: It's all OK now :D

Vanthem

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

[COLOR=burlywood]World War II is epic. You're half inclined to think it was something written for a movie rather than an event that actually took place in history. The stories, the struggle, that stuff is absolutely timeless and any well planned game/mod that puts you in the middle of that heroic fight is something worth playing. Yes it's been done over and over and will no doubt continue to be, but there's good reason for it and I guarantee at least one World War II mod on HL2 will become a huge success. It's just a flat out great backdrop for first person shooters.

I'd like to see some new warfare mods, future warfare, and I'm sure there'll be a few teams working hard at several of those soon.[/COLOR]

Kat

50 XP

17th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,826 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Yeah!

To bad the developers are now ll developing a new 'trend', Vietnam.

Anyway, Vietnam could also be a good mod aldo there were more votes on WWII then on Vietnam, like almost all on WWII and none on Vietnam...

I wonder if it would be possible to make a complete new campaign in WWII style...

As i tld in my news the story is completely told by AI so... When somewone comes to tell you about the enemys possitions you can just interupt him by shooting him in the head, lol, that's just not me :lol: :p . Anyway, like a truck with a spy that's on the run, you can try saving him by killing all AXIS guys behind him, et specally the one with a panzerschrek. The SPY will tell you everything you ned to know about the erea you need to know. But you can also hide and stay unseen, but then the SPY would die and you'll have to explore everything yourself...

"The choice is yours" -'Some idiot from Starwas'

:lol: :cya:

Vanthem

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

[COLOR=burlywood]So many possibilities. :love: I forget though, is HL2 going to have bot support?[/COLOR]

Traxil

Ownzoring and making mods

50 XP

29th March 2003

0 Uploads

394 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Sorry to burst your bubble Kat, once again; Well there are already many World War mods coming out.

"Over the Top" and "Lines of Fire" are two WWI mods.

"Last Great War" is a WWII mod I bet there are some others that I can't find.

Traxil

Ownzoring and making mods

50 XP

29th March 2003

0 Uploads

394 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

all things considering i think there is a very good chance there will be bot support.