Exploder

Flames on fire?

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

4,357 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Just wanted to test out people's confidence. Do you think BFV can ever top BF1942?

ScOrPY VIP Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

15,582 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I don't think it will ever top it, BFV has better graphics and all, but BF1942 was a new style of gameplay and so it was fun and new. Since a lot of games are using this formula now, I don't think BFV will top it.

Conface

I'm Right, You're Wrong

50 XP

9th January 2004

0 Uploads

216 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

BFV will come to equal bf1942 in quality lagg maps vehicles bugs and all of that stuff. The only thing that BFV might not catch up to bf1942 in is amount of people playing it. It doesnt look like DC or FH will come over to BFV and a large part of the people who play bf1942 play it for thoes 2 mods. The only mods that really compare are the ww2 mod and Point of Existence.

Padre

Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps.

50 XP

27th March 2004

0 Uploads

617 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

I think as systems get better the game will eventually even out. When I started playing BF1942 my machine at the time could handle it about as well as my current machine handles BFV, and the settings were all at Medium (like BFV is for me now). With this machine I have all the BF1942 setings as high as they go and never suffer any ill effect.

Basically as better gear becomes more commonplace (and cheaper) I think we'll see BFV being as good as, maybe better than, BF1942.

.:SuBLiMe:.

WePLaysITdownWIthSUblimes tylee

50 XP

17th August 2004

0 Uploads

96 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

BFV is a better game over all

Homer Gonerson

50 XP

22nd December 2003

0 Uploads

6,234 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

no way. bf1942 was a one-of-a-kind game... now that all other companies are using similar engines, people are stopping playing bf1942. bfv has great graphics, but not as much gameplay as bf1942 did. bfv has no campaign, and has fewer vehicles. bf1942 had a campaign and a lot of vehicles

.:SuBLiMe:.

WePLaysITdownWIthSUblimes tylee

50 XP

17th August 2004

0 Uploads

96 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
COL Homer Gonersonno way. bf1942 was a one-of-a-kind game... now that all other companies are using similar engines, people are stopping playing bf1942. bfv has great graphics, but not as much gameplay as bf1942 did. bfv has no campaign, and has fewer vehicles. bf1942 had a campaign and a lot of vehicles

BFV is a better game over all :smokin:

A Michael Foxtrot

One Shot...One Kill

50 XP

18th April 2004

0 Uploads

165 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
COL Homer Gonersonno way. bf1942 was a one-of-a-kind game... now that all other companies are using similar engines, people are stopping playing bf1942...

they wouldn't have stopped playing it if the other game wasn't better. And the "companies" that make BF1942 and BFV are the same:) ...Of course they're going to use a similar engine. Though, this whole argument is subjective. IMO one is just as good as the other. The general gameplay remains the same. A slightly different approach from one to the other, but the end result is the same...Play as a team and defeat the enemy

Phant

X-CS player

50 XP

28th September 2004

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

IMHO, BF Vietnam will be far superior to Bf 1942. I played 1942, even though I loved that game the image of a jet hanging up in the sky and the constant lag issues made me leave the game. Against my better judgment I purchased BF Vietnam. I am extremely pleased with its performance and game play. The only lag issues I have encountered seems to be everyone else's issue as well near the temple. Also, the game play is alot better, the weapons are awesome and the vehicles are more deadly in the Vietnam game. :tommygun: :flag:

Ender Wiggin

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies

50 XP

17th April 2004

0 Uploads

327 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Padre pretty much said the same thing, but BFV has the potential to be the superior game. As of right now, BF1942 has more user made mods and a larger user-base than BFV, but you can attribute that to its age. BF1942 was innovative, fresh, and huge in scope. But, now these kinds of games are getting to be a dime a dozen, so it's tough to compare BFV in the current market to BF1942 back in its market. But, like Foxtrot, I say that each game is awesome in its own way. Sometimes I like BF1942 and sometimes I like BFV. Depends on my mood. Oftentimes I'll be playing BF1942 and wish I had the ability to turn on the 3D map... or that the flag would turn faster when there are more teammates trying to turn it. On the flip side, I'll often wish I had the strength of the Sherman or M10 tanks in BFV... or how I'm glad BF1942 doesn't require a higher end system so I can play it with all options cranked. I'm happy with both games... hence, I own and play both games. And I'll be saying something similar once BF2 comes out, I'm sure.