Hello -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

I am kinda new to BFV , just got it last night, and when I was connecting to some servers it stated invalid version or dont have map ... is there mods out the everyone plays that are pretty pop and alot of people use? I currently play RvS, so I am familiar with map mods and what not, just dont know what is being used/not used in BFV Any info appreciated. thnkx!

Eagle35

Time to call in the Brit

50 XP

21st August 2002

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

first off have u got the latest patches got BF:V? the current version is 1.21..

i would say the most popular mods i no off is POE (point of existence) which is a modern combat mod.. Dice City another "modern" mod a bit like "vice city" and even EA's WW2 mod

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 13 years ago

I did get it patched up to 1.21, but I have just read some boards with the reference to POE, and was curious to know if POE is like the popular mod all servers run or not? I just wanna be able to play on more servers as I try and learn the gameplay of this game. edit: also if I install any of these mods, can I still play on servers that dont run them?

Padre

Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps.

50 XP

27th March 2004

0 Uploads

617 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

You can get all the mods you want, all the user-made maps you want and so on and still play base BFV on any server that runs it. Point of Existance is pretty popular, but if you're new to BFV just learn how to play it before venturing off into mod territory.

Guns4Hire

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

22nd September 2002

0 Uploads

15,559 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

Download The All Seeing Eye to help you find internet games. It has very nice filtering features and more, and it's free!

Heya Padre, I played some BFV for the 1st time in a while last night and had a great time! Since the patches it runs SWEET! Now back to practicing my piloting skills :)

Padre

Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps.

50 XP

27th March 2004

0 Uploads

617 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago
XKM_Grattii...when I was connecting to some servers it stated ... dont have map[/QUOTE] I had just thought of this reading back again... custom maps really aren't all that typical on a lot of servers. Try to join any that start with EA and a number, just to see if you can get in. Most of the EA # servers are dedicated to one map or one style of map (ie: only city battle maps) but there are a few that run all the maps. Look for any that just say "Viet Nam War". [QUOTE=BeeF FlaPs]Heya Padre, I played some BFV for the 1st time in a while last night and had a great time! Since the patches it runs SWEET! Now back to practicing my piloting skills :)

That's great! My only problem is the infamous Temple lag, which only showed up for me after installing 1.21 - which was supposed to fix it. Odd how I had little to no problem with it before but after I install the patch that's supposed to fix it for everyone I start having problems. I just need a better processor, better video card, and faster RAM eventually.