issaro

yo nanna!

50 XP

28th October 2004

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

i'm new at this so please bear with me. i recently bought half-life platinum collection but i can't install it. the auto run screen works but when i select install nothing happens? i tried running setup.exe with the the same results. can anyone help? :confused:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 13 years ago

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place for some RTCW wild west promotion. But here is a link to one of the best westerngames and pictures of the people playing it.

http://makephpbb.com/phpbb/?mforum=pakki

Lord Wiener VIP Member

Piercing the veil.

51 XP

9th August 2003

0 Uploads

19,761 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

You could try to copy the contents of the cd to your hard drive. Then run install from there.

WouldYouKindly.png

issaro

yo nanna!

50 XP

28th October 2004

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

tried that already, thanks anyway, got the same result. i've even taken the whole thing back to the shop and hand it exchanged. i get the same thing with the new copy. this is starting to get on my nerves :mad: anyone got any other ideas?

DnC

GF's Cognitive Psychologist

50 XP

13th April 2004

0 Uploads

2,668 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

put the CD in, open My Computer and right click on your CD drive, then click explore: does it say setup anywhere? or mabye windows installer?

Ph8TaL

The Deadly One

50 XP

6th October 2004

0 Uploads

262 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

or call the customer service center from Valve and they will probably either figure it out or send you a new one and give you a new one.

issaro

yo nanna!

50 XP

28th October 2004

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

i e-mailed valve tech support 4 days ago no reply yet. i've already exchanged the game for another copy with the same results and running setup.exe from the open cd do's nothing either. all i wanna do is play the damd thing! :mad: i've heard of other people having similar problems, but i can't seem to find any answers :confused:

Lord Wiener VIP Member

Piercing the veil.

51 XP

9th August 2003

0 Uploads

19,761 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

the only other option I can think of is making an image of the cd and trying to install it from the image file.

WouldYouKindly.png

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

564,279 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,056 Posts

1,322 Threads

#9 13 years ago

first of all....do you meet ALL the requirments for the game?? ( i doubt u dont, its a pretty old game)

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

issaro

yo nanna!

50 XP

28th October 2004

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#10 13 years ago

i only got this system 2 months ago. it should be able to handle it in its sleep mode. i'm not realy that savvy with this kind of stuff. could it have somthing to do with the fact that setup.exe is a 16 bit app. i did try running it under diff. compat. settings though. i've pretty much given up on it :( realy wanted to play it. Can't be bothered today got a shocking hangover :cool: way to many :beer: last night. cheers.