blackcat

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

14th December 2003

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

For some reason I cannot find the answer to my problem. I have the updated version of Half-Life. I am in Gonarch's Lair, and I shoot it a lot. It runs through it's mesh, and I follow it. We battle in the area with the hole in the center. Again, I shoot it, it runs through mesh. It jumps down a hole, and sits waiting in a shaft. When I go to follow it, it doesn't move. I've shot it, grenaded it, even beat the whole game again to see if it would work. I run past it, and jump in the pit, and shoot it from there. I cannot get the damn thing to come down into the pit. Is there a trigger I'm missing, or is one of the config file's messed up. I have a legal, retail version, that has been fully updated. Please help!

Vanthem

Medic With A Baseball Bat

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Yeah, it's single player. Cheat away.

Chandu

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

28th November 2005

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I am having the same problem dude. It sucks i have tryed everything.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 15 years ago

The secret to beating Gonarch is the crowbar....

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 15 years ago

Now what's REALLY fun is to use entmod to make the little platform that the gonarch stands on into a train and make it fly around the map, now THAT is quality fun. Or you can always use entmod to blow the bloke up when he comes running at you.....all in all entmod is very fun.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 15 years ago

I am having the exact same problem with gonarch lair, this game is really starting to get on my nerves. I was wondering if you(blackcat) has had any luck yet, and if so how you did it. And also if i have to cheat whats the best cheat to use to get past this part, because this is get ridiculious

NeoRanger

The Curse of Snake

50 XP

29th August 2004

0 Uploads

180 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

The updates destroyed the game. I've been following it since the early 1.0.0.5 until to the current one. Unfortunately all these updates fixed multiplayer issues but screwed up single player. For example, when taking an elevator (up or down) I have to jump up continuously until the elevator has stopped, otherwise Freeman with stuck IN the elevator and won't be able to move. Last afternoon I finished Half-Life for the 8th time. I had once again the same problem with Gonarch. As a matter of fact I shot at it billions of times but it would attack me instead of running through the wall, like it's supposed to. It's been like that ever since 1.1.0.0. So now, I just "noclip" and go through to the next level. @Bones: the best cheat for that is "noclip".