skin changes for a beginner -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

I have no idea how to do anything to Battlefield 2142.

I am trying to do some very basic skin changes to the soldiers in order to make them more identifiable.

What programs do I need to get and what do I need to do with them to change the skin???

please reply.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 12 years ago

Here's an Update

I have figured some stuff out. I got Gimp 2 and the .dds pluggin but I can't get Gimp to create the volume maps when I edit them. Do I need a different program to change them or am I doing something wrong?

Also do I need a program to read the skinnedmesh files? Do I need to read them at all?

Please Reply.

If anyone needs help to get to where I am also Please Reply.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 12 years ago

Here is my final Update

I have finally figured out how to change the skins on the characters. If anyone needs help with skinning I am willing to help explain it. if you want to contact me just e-mail to [email]globochemist@gmail.com[/email]

The Joelteon7

The cake is a lie.There is no cake.

50 XP

13th November 2004

0 Uploads

3,926 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

Just wondering, but to confirm, are you talking about actual player skins or weapons etc? If its weapons, I'd be rather interested actually.

In addition, do these mess up MP in any way?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 12 years ago
The Joelteon7;3809785 In addition, do these mess up MP in any way?

Yes, you can't modify the base install files and ever expect to play on a multiplayer server again with that install. You need to make a mod and place your changes into your new mod for this to work. You then can play with anyone with the same mod. If you could just repaint ingame textures, everyone would be painting their soldiers bright pink and yellow so you can spot them easier. Sounds lame I know, but I've seen some pretty strange things done in games that came out before Punkbuster was around. Some people will do anything to get a slight advantage over the next player.