My Battlefield 2142 version is patched to v1.51. This is the version number that shows within the game as well.
I updated my Battlefield 2142 copy to this version from v1.50 using an incremental patch with the following properties:
- File name: BF2142_Patch_1.51_1
- File size: 2,098,806,396 bytes (this is not the “on disk” size)
- Details within File Properties:
- File Description: Setup.exe
- Type: Application
- File version: 10.50.0.125
- Product name: InstallShield (R)
- Product version: 10.50.0.0
- Copyright: Copyright (C) 2004 Macrovision Corporation
- Language: English (United States)
However, at this URL (http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/BF2142/1.512/), EA has a file available for download that is referred to as patch v1.512 for Battlefield 2142 and is named Battlefield2142-485and941A-to-1512. This is a .Zip file of 365,244,296 bytes size (this not the “on disk” size). Is it correct that this file is an update to a later version 1.512 for Battlefield 2142, or is the version reference a typo for the file?
Problem is resolved.
The file Battlefield2142-485and941A-to-1512 is a patch for the Macintosh version of Battlefield 2142.
This means that the latest Windows version of Battlefield 2142 is still v.1.51 and not v.1.512.
Note that the file Battlefield2142-485and941A-to-1512 cannot be opened using Window's built in Zip file capability.
Instead it requires a Zip file program like WinZip to open it.