Battlefield 2142 crashes when looking at badges, and selecting one that is collected? -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 10 years ago

I have patch 1.5 installed. When I look at the badges, and when I look at a badge I have collected, it crashes to desktop without any error messages. I tried re-installing the whole game, but that didn't help. Can anyone help me? I don't have the best computer, but it's fairly good, I can run everything in high. I'm using Xp. Please help me :confused:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 10 years ago

I can't seem to find the edit button, so I have to double-toast.

Anyway, if anyone has similar problems, please post. The first thing I want to hear is that someone else has problems too, so I don't have to think that the problem is only mine. Also, my big brother is suffering the same problem. He's running Vista. On the normal, un-patched version of BF 2142 everything works well, when I tried 1.40, it crashed when I took a look at ribbons. I haven't contacted EA yet, because, frankly I know their support isn't the best there is (once, when I had problems with northern Strike, they just stopped answering me, out of nowhere).

Long post is long, I know. But try to read it. But yeah, what I'm looking for is an solution, or if someone else is suffering too.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 10 years ago

Sorry for the Triple-Toast, but I think I have an SOLUTION for this: Use the incremental (1.40 to 1.50) patch. Also, if you have Nvidia Geforce 7600, when you dl the latest version, delete the old one first.

I hope this helps whoever has similar problems

P.S: Is it similar or similiar?

TeknoXI

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

I've found a solution to this problem as well. I found it was posted on the BF official forums. My directions are for those that have Northern Strike.

Uninstall Everything Reinstall BF2142 Retail Patch 1.4 Install NS Repatch 1.4 Patch 1.5

I followed these direction and I can see my badges now. Hope this helps.