BF 2142 Punkbuster problems...HEEELLLPPPPPP -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

alright, i got the game last week, and every time i play online PB kicks me off in a few minutes, i already changed my account to administrative, i don't have any trojan's on my comp, i'm using vista not xp, i have already uninstal ed and reinstaled and downloaded patches, i dotn know what else to do plz help

Acualy Is Confusingkid

Keep honking im reloading

48,430 XP

19th September 2006

0 Uploads

4,563 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Really, I didn't know 2142 was on consoles!! :rolleyes: You posted this in the wrong forum. But it sounds like you need to update punkbuster.

masked_marsoe VIP Member

Heaven's gonna burn your eyes

50 XP

16th April 2005

0 Uploads

8,063 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

Indeed.

:moved:

AcE

50 XP

8th November 2003

0 Uploads

3,835 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

What does pb kick you for ??

AdmiralHocking

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

30th April 2006

0 Uploads

5,252 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

I've given up on BF2142 myself, I kept getting blank PB kick messages.

AcE

50 XP

8th November 2003

0 Uploads

3,835 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

That's not uncommon. have you installed the PB services ?.

Tuesday 04.17.2007 [12:15PM]

Version 1.701 of the PB Client for BF2142 has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page.

Release Notes for PB Client v1.701:

- the new PB services are no longer optional, see our PB Services FAQ for more info - the new PB services now support 64 bit flavors of Windows

If there is errors with pb service you will be kicked from PB enabled servers. Be sure your PB Service is up to date and that it's not being blocked by your firewall.

The PB Service installer can be downloaded here

----------- A handy guide to help install PB Service can be found here (must register/log in to access this)

AdmiralHocking

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

30th April 2006

0 Uploads

5,252 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

Yeah I had everything up to spec and working correctly, hence why I simply gave up on it.

JediFalco

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th October 2005

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

I hate PB. Got this exact problem, done everything Ive found out about, nothing works. Completely updated, even installed BF2142 patch 1.4 beta in the slim hope it would work! Nothing. Even tried disabling firewall whilst playing to see if it was blocking PB, nope. Im running Zonealarm, on XP, with 2142 v1.4 and the latest PB. What the hell is going on?! I am THIS close to raping my computer. Im no jokin.

The Joelteon7

The cake is a lie.There is no cake.

50 XP

13th November 2004

0 Uploads

3,926 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

I had the problem and I've sorted it out.

I've forgotten how exactly you can come across it, but if you search for PB on the battlefield help thingy on EA's site, the answer is there. It's to do with one of the PB's (you have two, A and B) not being active. The game 'can't make a connection' with something that isn't online. Follow the help and you can turn the one (or both) on, permanently and the game will work no problem.

JediFalco

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th October 2005

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

Aye, cos I never tried that already like... I like how everybody talks about "turning" things on, but never explains how to do this exactly.