BF2142.exe has encountered a problem -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

Hey guys, I have just bought battlefield 2142 and have installed it a.o.k.. the problem is when i open the .exe It goes to a black screen and brings up an error report saying "BF2142.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" It Was A Send error report thing. Wat is my problem and how can i fix??

Dark Saint

How many dogs are Pb'd?Maybe 2

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

8,040 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago
Jam99;3699297Hey guys, I have just bought battlefield 2142 and have installed it a.o.k.. the problem is when i open the .exe It goes to a black screen and brings up an error report saying "BF2142.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" It Was A Send error report thing. Wat is my problem and how can i fix??

well what was the feedback when you sent in the error ? what are the specs on your pc. I would bet it is a video error or another unsupported hardware error.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 11 years ago

Alright I'm a little sleep deprived right now but I'll try to explain my situation as best as possible. So, i downloaded the demo as well, i have been able to play multiplayer anywhere from 30 sec. to 30 min then the "BF2142.exe" thing comes up and ends my bf2142 game. I had heard refresh rate could cause "errors" so I changed my refresh rate so that it matched my in-game one and no difference was noticed. I made sure it wasn't my directX 9.0 and updated it (even though it causes some error thats like "d3d....dll is missing!"), still nothing. I also changed my connection setting off of the T1 or whatever and to the default cable again, it stops after I join a game and tells me that the .exe encountered a problem (I also clicked "send error report" but IE didn't load up a response page). Finally i rechecked my computer specs which i thought were ok when i quickly checked over the minimum. I am running XP, I just updated DirectX 9.0 today, I have an Intel Pentium 4 at 3.40GHz, I have 2.50 GB of RAM, I'm not quite sure if i meet specifications here but I have a Radeon X300/X550 series with a new ATI driver. I'm not sure of my sound card, I have somewhere around 40 GB of free space and i have what i believe is a cable connection that i am almost positive is over 128kbit (I was downloading the demo at 778KB per second if that means anything). I don't think it's a issue with ports either because I am able to talk to other teammates and kill enemies, for however long i am able to stay on.

If you can help me and get through my ramblings, misspellings, and unrelated computer info it would be a godsend seeing as how i spent about 4.5 hours trying to get this game to work today and about 30 min to type this.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 11 years ago

I just checked over the spec's and silly me.. everything is all good except my graphics.. I don't think it has pixel shader 2.0.. As for the results of error report 2hrs of it sending and nothing yet... it hasn't compelted.

Dark Saint

How many dogs are Pb'd?Maybe 2

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

8,040 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

Jam ... what kind of card do you have ? You are most likely right that you don't have a card supported, that is usually the problem ....

Zefer, please post your own thread. While problems may seem similar, they are all different in one way or another.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 11 years ago

hay i have the same problem but it's a diferent game. I didn't but it, i downloaded the torrent the games called street racing syndicate.I dont think its a problem with meeting the system requirement because i tried using system requirments lab and i had passed the test although not by much.i have uninstalled and reinstalled it 5 times i have tried diferen't cracks and cd rom fuckers on it. it comes up with the same message. SRS.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. i have treid sending the error report twice.if u could give me any suggesttions that be greatly appreciate