bf2142 wont start up -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 10 years ago

everytime i try to play it starts up gos to black screen then goes back to normal everytime wtf is going on it says works for windows xp and i downloaded other stuf for it to and sill wont work can some one help me plz????

TheLastSuperman

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

28th January 2008

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

Info please... Operating System Memory Graphics Card Sound Card etc etc etc lol... Get back to us and BE as specific as you can! Sincerely,

TheLastSuperman =of= [COLOR=royalblue]www.2142Tournament.com[/COLOR] [COLOR=royalblue]www.TournamentGamingWorld.com[/COLOR]

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 10 years ago

idk wat it is just i have direct x 9.0 and everything it just doesnt say wat problem is. it goes to game (well black screen) tfor like 2mins then goes back to the desktop. it could be operatings system but this comp is windows xp and it says it runs on xp. it also happens with bf2

TheLastSuperman

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

28th January 2008

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

Both games...? Interesting as it might just be hardware related... 1. Set all your video settings to low and start working your way up until it errors again (if that is the problem) 2. Update your video card drivers 3. Google "How to check my memory" or something of that nature and see if all your memory is working.. properly. Hope that helps! Sincerely, TheLastSuperman =of= [COLOR=royalblue]www.2142Tournament.com[/COLOR] [COLOR=royalblue]www.TournamentGamingWorld.com[/COLOR]

Kakashi971

GF makes me horny

50 XP

31st March 2007

0 Uploads

85 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago

i think its ur vid card cause when i tried to start BF2 SF with a RADEON X300 all i got was a black screen. It may be costly but if want those games to run its ur money.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 10 years ago

iv got a RADEON X300 and it used 2 run on my pc fine!!

Kakashi971

GF makes me horny

50 XP

31st March 2007

0 Uploads

85 Posts

0 Threads

#7 10 years ago

hmmmmm odd then i can't help you sry ='( hope u find the problem m8 and when u do i want to battle u online in BF 2142

gravy666

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

20th August 2007

0 Uploads

7,561 Posts

0 Threads

#8 10 years ago

Not to be rude, but it would help if you weren't such a noob with computers and could tell us more about your comp. It is most likely hardware related b/c you have DX9. Your video card can run obviously run the game ok. But I have no idea about anything else, because you don't know anything else.

Kakashi971

GF makes me horny

50 XP

31st March 2007

0 Uploads

85 Posts

0 Threads

#9 10 years ago

ok ill tell ya more my basic specs are Windows Vista Home Premium edition ATI RADEON X1650 Pro Pentium D Processor and the rest i don't know i bought the comp with almost all the stuff inside so the rest is unknown to me and P.S> i do admit i am a noob with comps at the moment and trying to learn more about the system processors and stuff.

gravy666

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

20th August 2007

0 Uploads

7,561 Posts

0 Threads

#10 10 years ago

I was talking to daging3r, but w/e Try to find out if your CPU is a dual core. I can't help much, because I still have XP, and I've only used Nvidia GPUs, which I'm familiar with. All I can say is wait for the Vista update and hope you don't have anymore problems with BF2142. And, upgrading to at least a dual core CPU will help a lot, as long as your video card is also good.