EADM lost my 2142 -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

Hey guys, yet another bug in EAs software, YAY!

Yesterday I jumped on to have a game when i noticed that instead of having my copy of 2142 installed and ready to play, it is only ready to download.:confused:

The game is still installed and boots from the start menu but when i try to enter a server it says I have an invalid cd key. WTF!!:mad:

Why has EADM lost my install of 2142? Any bright ideas on how to fix this without having to download it again? Can I help it to relocate my install?

Please help!!!

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 13 years ago

OK I fixed the download manager problem by running the regfix that is available. [COLOR=Blue]Here [/COLOR]

Now I'm still getting the invalid cd key error when trying to join servers...

Another reg problem i think... any ideas? please?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 13 years ago

It seems that it no longer thinks I have an invalid CD key. Instead it it is now kicking me shortly after joining servers with a 'Punkbuster' message. So I guess it thinks I'm cheating now? What great software. Isn't it awesome when developers create anti piracy and anti hacking software that keeps legit users from getting what they paid for.

EA you continue to astound me...

TheLastSuperman

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

27th January 2008

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

Hey LIONMAN! Buddy, same problem here for the last 2 weeks!! Are you kidding me right lmao BUT thanks to you I now have more info... seems you beat me to the research but here's a helpful tip.... I think your just one step away! Go to [COLOR=royalblue]PunkBuster Online Countermeasures[/COLOR] and download the [COLOR=red]pbsetup.exe[/COLOR], as your punkbuster is not up to date after all those fixes! Now here's my idea but still to implement it as I'm DL'ing the games again now! So afterwards I plan to make .zip or .rar backups of the program file folders and then a backup of the EADM/CORE/EAL (yes the EA Download Manager still uses info from old EAL files included w/ it) and also backups of the entire Electronic Arts Registry to snag all my games and not have to skim through which parts etc ohh and you can use regedit for that. [COLOR=red]**[/COLOR]Also if you play on custom maps in your clan/tournament - Make a copy of your Levels folder in program files first. [COLOR=red]**[/COLOR]AND make a copy of the folder in My Documents titled "Battlefield 2142" as it saves all your favorite servers, contols, and settings etc so you don't have to go back and set it all back up or get those original messages on how to use this and that as it was fine when we first started but annoying again as we are now veterans if you will lol. Hope this helps and you still check back here as I registered here just to post, hoping it helps you! I have been searching for the quickest fix for when this happens and it might be this! So almost ready to try after the game finishes DL on the EADM BUT To you, I extend a sincere - GOOD LUCK! Sincerely, TheLastSuperman =of= [COLOR=royalblue]www.2142Tournament.com[/COLOR] [COLOR=royalblue]www.TournamentGamingWorld.com[/COLOR]

TheLastSuperman

50 XP

27th January 2008

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

Bump, made some more post in some of the other problem threads os check them out if you posted a query, however I felt the need to bump this as it is my current problem and quite frustrating to say the least! Sincerely, TheLastSuperman =of= [COLOR=royalblue]www.2142Tournament.com[/COLOR] [COLOR=royalblue]www.TournamentGamingWorld.com[/COLOR]

TheLastSuperman

50 XP

27th January 2008

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

Allright, sorry about the triple post but at least it's not spam eh lol! I have went through 7 hours of BS (excuse the abbreviation) today and have it working again! Also I will have detailed instructions on how to make backups of it ALL just in case... but since it has not broken again in the last five minutes they are still untested. It is late but anyone interested for a solution, I should have my way of fixing it posted in a thread on [COLOR=royalblue]www.2142Tournament.com[/COLOR] located here --> [COLOR=royalblue]http://www.2142tournament.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=458[/COLOR] So check it out and hope it helps.... if not Monday (tomorrow) as I want to make a thourough post to the methods used as I use EADM not the disk version. Still awaiting reply from Support Ticket submitted to EA... that will be an interesting response I bet. TheLastSuperman =of= [COLOR=royalblue]www.2142Tournament.com[/COLOR] [COLOR=royalblue]www.TournamentGamingWorld.com[/COLOR]