Getting Kicked off Due to PunkBuster -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

Dear File Front Community,

When I log into a server, any server, I can play fine for about 1-3 minutes and all of a sudden the bottom of my screen flashes with the text the pb client is mismatched and/or corrupt, then I get kicked. I find myself back to the server selection screen with a window displaying only the text "PunkBuster." I feel like a Punk.

By no means have I cheated, I just got BF2142, I have a new notebook with Vista, I meet all the requirements and can play single player flawlessly. But I dont want to play single player, I want to up my ranks in multiplayer.

Listen I have exhausted all options, searched the internet inside and out to find the solution but I simply cannot play my BF2142 online for more than a couple minutes at most. I am truly in search of the answer, please dont suggest updating with the pb apps, already did it, please don't tell me to log onto another server i have tried them all, I put the code in the beggining of the registry file, I have done everything this website suggests. I WANT ANSWERS.

plz any help/suggestions would be truly appriciated.

thank you.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 11 years ago

I have installed the most current pb and bf2142 updates, but I am unfamiliar with the md5 tool, I was reading in a similar topic something about some other players getting kicked off for corrupt files, perhaps an admin could hook me up with a PM and a link the a non-corrupted file if that is necessary.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 11 years ago

It's because BF2142 does not support Vista yet. I have the same problem and after checking with EA support they finally admitted BF2142 identifies your PC as running a moded version of BF2142 when you're actually not. It's supposed to be fixed in the next patch release.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 11 years ago

thnks