Northern Strike not working -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 10 years ago

Hell all, I need help with Northern Strike: I downloaded it, put it on a USB Stick and brought it to the PC with BF2142 installed on. I started the setup.exe and it installed everything in a few seconds. No activation code or whatsoever was asked. Afterwards I started BF2142 but couldn't find the Booster Pack's maps... also, no links have been added in the "Programs Menu" of Windows...

Any help?

Thanks...:confused:

Pinball

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

4th November 2005

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

did you try EA Download Manager? pinball

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 10 years ago
Pinball;4707109did you try EA Download Manager? pinball

Yes, I did use EADM to download that file. The only "not usual" thing I did was to copy out the setup.exe and put it on another PC (the one which actually has BF2142 installed). Is this causing the problem?

BTW: I simply *downloaded* the file, should I also click on "Activate" in the EADM?

Pinball

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

4th November 2005

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

do you have an error message? the boosterpacks are maps without links... try Battletracker.com

pinball

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 10 years ago

Pinball;4710424do you have an error message? the boosterpacks are maps without links... try Battletracker.com

pinball

Hy there... no error message is showing up. When you state "maps without links" are you saying that I won't see any link/shortcut in Windows? That would be OK, as far as I could be able to select and use them in BF2142!

Question: how has the "activation" to be done? I mean, as I stated before: I installed EADM on one PC, downloaded the setup.exe and copied it over to the PC I use to play with. How do I now activate it? Should I activate it on the PC which downloaded the file? Or what else?

Thanks again... almost desperate!:bawl:

_The_Nothing_

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

25th May 2003

0 Uploads

314 Posts

0 Threads

#6 10 years ago

I have the same problem with deluxe edition no links in game or start menu it's like it didn't even install but I watched the installer install it

msc204

Guy that does Stuff

50 XP

14th September 2007

0 Uploads

136 Posts

0 Threads

#7 10 years ago

Okay i have the fix for your problems. YOU MST INSTALL THESE IN EXACTLY THE SAME ORDER!(fist off uninstall 2142). Ok install in this order: bf2142, 1.4 patch full, Northern Strike, 1.4 patch full, 1.5 patch full. this DOES work. I know because thats how i fixed MY problem. it SHOULD work for you guys.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 10 years ago
msc204;4761920Okay i have the fix for your problems. YOU MST INSTALL THESE IN EXACTLY THE SAME ORDER!(fist off uninstall 2142). Ok install in this order: bf2142, 1.4 patch full, Northern Strike, 1.4 patch full, 1.5 patch full. this DOES work. I know because thats how i fixed MY problem. it SHOULD work for you guys.

Hy there... Tried your suggestion: nothing has changed! :bawl:

Is there any way to get my money back from EA? I really can't get it to work...

BTW: I have bought that BoosterPack with one email-address, but want to use it with a player/user which has a different email-address. Maybe this is causing some troubles?

Thanks...