online connection issue -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

Hi all, please help me! I got BF 2142 a few weeks now, upgraded to v1.25 and got northern strike as well. all was going peachy until i tried to play online. when i choose a server to play on it would load everything (client data, map etc) but the when it starts up it would say on the screen 'There is a problem with your connection'. now i tried near everything, switched off zonealarm, turned off firewalls. now i am almost 100% sure its not my internet connection as i play many online games without any hiccups! i have reinstalled the game already as well! please help!:( :( :(

GateCrusher420 VIP Member

What is this place?

71,255 XP

17th February 2007

0 Uploads

6,233 Posts

1 Threads

#2 11 years ago

Whats your system specs (i.e. PC speed/make and model, RAM, Internet connection type, HDD space, GC....that pretty much covers it).

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 11 years ago

[COLOR=black]Microsoft Windows XP Home SP2, amd athlon 64 processor 2.2 ghz, 2GB ram, 2mb broadband, 200GB HD, 16x/48x DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo, NVidia GeForce 6200TC PCI-E 256MB TV/DVI. [/COLOR]

What is this place?

71,255 XP

17th February 2007

0 Uploads

6,233 Posts

1 Threads

#4 11 years ago

Ok your running broadband internet. Heres a couple questions: 1) Is your internet wireless? 2) Have you tried installing the latest drivers for all of you computer parts? 3) Is Windows Firewall up? 4) Do you have any anti virus, adware/spyware, 3rd party firewalls running? One recommendation I have is to press Ctrl + Alt + Del then go to task manager. Close down any programs under Processes that you KNOW that you don't need running. I would seriosly recommend that do not close any system or Local/Network Service programs. It could lead to system instability and your computer could crash. If that doesn't help, contact a well know computer repair/maintenance store/company and ask them about what you could do. I hope this helps.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 11 years ago

i do have wireless however, the PC i am using is connected to the router itself! all drivers are up to date, windows firewall, norton protection and zonealarm all turned off! and i still get 'There is a problem with your connection'! this is getting very annoying and has made think about ignoring this game forever! cos i have had no problems with any of my other internet games like counter-strike etc!

What is this place?

71,255 XP

17th February 2007

0 Uploads

6,233 Posts

1 Threads

#6 11 years ago

True. I have the same problem. The best suggestion is that if you can still return the game then do it. Its not worth the annoying problems that keep occuring. I might also recommend going onto smaller servers and avoiding any Titan servers.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 11 years ago

many thanks gatecrasher! i am now playing very regularly online on smaller servers (small maps!) looks like i will have to forget about playing on huge maps but at least i'm now a gunner silver and got some ribbons and medals instead of a lowly private! by the way i play as capt.kwok in games so please don't kill me!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: