MeZy

As yet another dream falls...

50 XP

1st July 2006

0 Uploads

253 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Anyone know what it means? It suddenly popped up in the middle of a round, then it kept appearing each time I started a server, then I got punkbusted.

2142error.jpg

UGSAce

Webernet Law Enforcement

50 XP

26th July 2005

0 Uploads

1,993 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

it has something to do with your internet losing packets to the server.. or somthing like that

MeZy

50 XP

1st July 2006

0 Uploads

253 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

But what should I do? Just restart my computer?

GeneralClean

{XTM} Clan Founder/ Co-Leader

50 XP

4th June 2006

0 Uploads

74 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago
UGSAce;3635665it has something to do with your internet losing packets to the server.. or somthing like that

Well in this case thats wrong. Punkbuster released a new update and is doing this to several people. The solution is this: Tuesday 04.17.2007 [12:15PM]

Version 1.701 of the PB Client for BF2142 has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page.

[INDENT]Release Notes for PB Client v1.701:

• the new PB services are no longer optional, see our PB Services FAQ for more info
  • the new PB services now support 64 bit flavors of Windows

So in other words you need to go to http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe and download that program. Basically all this does is let you run the game without admistration rights, which in XP we are always running adminstration rights, and puts two new services that run in the background which are called "PunkA.exe" & "PunkB" But none the less now with the new update you have to run these two services while you are connected to a punkbuster server. [/INDENT]

MeZy

50 XP

1st July 2006

0 Uploads

253 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

So install the thingies...

Got it.

MeZy

50 XP

1st July 2006

0 Uploads

253 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

Nope, it doesn't work. I downloaded and installed the punkbuster service, and restarted my computer, but it's still happenning :(

GeneralClean

50 XP

4th June 2006

0 Uploads

74 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

k do you have a firewall running? If you do shut it off and try that. I had a guy in our clan that had his firewall running and had PunkA and PunkB running and it still didn't work. Once he shut the firewall down it worked then. Try this. And if you need more help just add me to xfire= generalcleanx

MeZy

50 XP

1st July 2006

0 Uploads

253 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

Yeah, sorry I didn't say, but I wasn't allowed on the PC yesterday. PnkBstrA and B were blocked. But I've got it working now, so thankyou!

UGSAce

Webernet Law Enforcement

50 XP

26th July 2005

0 Uploads

1,993 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

i knew it had somthing to do with your internet :D

GeneralClean

50 XP

4th June 2006

0 Uploads

74 Posts

0 Threads

#10 11 years ago
UGSAce;3639697i knew it had somthing to do with your internet :D

Actually no it wasn't his net at all, it was his firewall blocking the programs so it was his puter. :D