Please help me with X-Fi ingame change .......... -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

Please help me with X-Fi ingame change.......... i have a soundblaster X-Fi sound card and Battlefield 2142 and Northern Strike Expansion pack. i went ingame to change : software - hardware -X-Fi to X-Fi and every single time i do it closes the game down and i have to reopen the game. why does it do this? i had reformatted and reinstalled everything a day ago due to a hard drive issue and i had it set to X-Fi back then and it worked perfectly and now it closes the game. i can set it to hardware just fine. i want to set it to X-Fi again like i had before. can anyone please tell me what it is or what i have to do so i can set it like i had before with it being set on X-Fi? any assistance would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance for any help.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 12 years ago

prior to this i had older patches installed and as new patches came out i installed them. i wonder if i have to have the older patches to in case there is any X-Fi related things in them or what? is there a X-Fi patch for BF 2142 or something i missed or forgot from before? my system specs are : Manufacturer: Asus P4P 800 SE Motherboard Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz Memory: 2048MB RAM Corsair Hard Drive: 120 GB Video Card: VisionTek Radeon X1600 XT (ATI) (AGP) Monitor: MAG Innovision 19 Inch Display Sound Card: SB X-Fi Audio Extreme Music [DF80] Speakers/Headphones: Logitech Z-4 : 40 watt satellites/80 watt subwoofer Keyboard: Microsoft Natural Multimedia Keyboard Mouse: Logitech MX-518 Gaming Mouse Mouse Surface: Desktop Operating System: Windows XP Professional Power Supply: 500 watts Case: Antec Sonata Piano Black Super Mini Tower with blue LEDs