Invisible

GF makes me horny

50 XP

10th October 2004

0 Uploads

95 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

Hi I just bought the game, and installed it correctly. Now when i try to start the game, it shows first screen (The big robot etc. in a picture u know..) after it, screen turns to black for few seconds. Then it returns to the desktop. Ive tried everything.. all possible settings.. nothing helps. Wheres the prob? Pls Help me asap!! :)

duskAngel

bf2142 geek

50 XP

28th November 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

ok bud, try delete these intro bik movies in your Battlefield 2142\mods\bf2142\Movies directory. you may delete all of them except titan_tutorial.bik (you're gonna need that one). maybe just some of them were installed wrong and now it cannot load them.

if still not working, get the newest drivers for your graphic card, maybe it has problem to draw the menu. i experienced this on one older computer.

Wraith 5

The Fun cannot be Halted!

50 XP

11th October 2005

0 Uploads

3,047 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

if it's a problem with the intro movies... try downloading the newest version of Bink player. there are several places to get it if you look on google. also try downloading the 1.10 patch from EA link or filefront and install it, which may fix the problem.

duskAngel

bf2142 geek

50 XP

28th November 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

but he doesn't have a problem with the EA video, which is bik as well, it's only the game intro not running. so downloading of bink drivers won't help him in any way.

duskAngel

bf2142 geek

50 XP

28th November 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

but he doesn't have a problem with the EA video, which is bik as well, it's only the game intro not running. bink drivers won't help him in any way.

Invisible

GF makes me horny

50 XP

10th October 2004

0 Uploads

95 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Well, I'm not quite sure if tha problem is only with playing the intro, but ill try that one :) Thx

duskAngel

bf2142 geek

50 XP

28th November 2006

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

yea well it doesn't matter which exact video is not running, all of them are the same filetypes. so if you can run at least one of them, then you don't need that bink player...

try something what has been writen here and good luck.

Crimson_Might

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

2nd January 2004

0 Uploads

240 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

No, LOL, just no.

You can delete ALL of them without a worry.

Banach

Governor of state of insanity

50 XP

27th February 2006

0 Uploads

483 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

I got the same problem as he does.

He does not mean movies, he is talking about the PICTURE, the one you get as you start up the game with the mech in the backround, it just goes to desktop

Banach

Governor of state of insanity

50 XP

27th February 2006

0 Uploads

483 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

Deleting the movies does nothing.

I patched, still same thing. No game