Vaders_legion

NO U

50 XP

17th December 2005

0 Uploads

1,006 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

I was playing a good ole game of 2142 when the game kicked me from the server and showed a punkbuster message box with nothing in it. Wtf? its been doing this since i started playing 3 weeks ago. A little help Please?

Dark Saint

How many dogs are Pb'd?Maybe 2

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

8,040 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

Have you tried going to PUNKBUSTER'S website and updating your pb manually ? Do you have a router ? did you open the ports on the router to allow it free communication ?

Vaders_legion

NO U

50 XP

17th December 2005

0 Uploads

1,006 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

it only started to really become a problem today. And this was only happened when i played on knife servers

AdmiralHocking

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

30th April 2006

0 Uploads

5,252 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

I've started having this problem as well, I was playing fine with no errors and then didn't play for about two months. Since trying to play again I have been getting blank PunkBuster messages.

Something of note; just before I lose server connections a message appears at the bottom of the screen "PB Loosing packets" and then a bunch of numbers...

Edit: I found this in one of the other threads;

GeneralCleanPunkbuster released a new update and is doing this to several people. The solution is this:

Tuesday 04.17.2007 [12:15PM] Version 1.701 of the PB Client for BF2142 has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page. Release Notes for PB Client v1.701:

• the new PB services are no longer optional, see our PB Services FAQ for more info
  • the new PB services now support 64 bit flavors of Windows
So in other words you need to go to http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe and download that program. Basically all this does is let you run the game without admistration rights, which in XP we are always running adminstration rights, and puts two new services that run in the background which are called "PunkA.exe" & "PunkB" But none the less now with the new update you have to run these two services while you are connected to a punkbuster server.

Vaders_legion

NO U

50 XP

17th December 2005

0 Uploads

1,006 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

thanks Hockings, that was helpful. the message doesnt come up now or kick me but i havea new problem. Randomized crashes when the RDX is placed on a titan

AdmiralHocking

50 XP

30th April 2006

0 Uploads

5,252 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago
Vaders_legion;3670064thanks Hockings, that was helpful. the message doesnt come up now or kick me but i havea new problem. Randomized crashes when the RDX is placed on a titan

What's the RDX?

Vaders_legion

NO U

50 XP

17th December 2005

0 Uploads

1,006 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

RDX demo pack got that error to stop. Now i have an error that says invalid screen and kicks me. Whaa? i Just got the loosing packets error now lol

Vaders_legion

NO U

50 XP

17th December 2005

0 Uploads

1,006 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

i could still use some help

Dark Saint

How many dogs are Pb'd?Maybe 2

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

8,040 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

The losing packets error is your internet connection not recieving. That is about all i can tell you on that one. Get a program like winmtr and trace to the ip you are playing on and check for lost packets.

If you have a router, and the correct ports are not open, this can also cause you this issue.

AdmiralHocking

50 XP

30th April 2006

0 Uploads

5,252 Posts

0 Threads

#10 11 years ago

What is RDX? I do not know what that is short-hand for and cannot offer suggestions.