PunkBuster -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#11 12 years ago

i am also getting the punkbuster problem. when i downloaded that program it was of no help to me and i still get kicked from games then the stupid punkbuster message pops up with nothing written on it! this is just one of many problems with this game and i am so regretting buying it now! can anyone help fix the crap punkbuster problem?

Dark Saint

How many dogs are Pb'd?Maybe 2

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

8,040 Posts

0 Threads

#12 12 years ago

It is NOT a problem with the game. It is an issue with PUNKBUSTER itself. It is a standalone software designed to run along side. If you are having a pb problem .>>>>send in a support ticket at EVENBALANCE so they can see what the issue is.

AGAIN, this is not a problem with the GAME ITSELF>

Vaders_legion

NO U

50 XP

17th December 2005

0 Uploads

1,006 Posts

0 Threads

#13 12 years ago

Anyhow, im back to this thread i made for sudgestions still. Punkbuster is kicking everyone from games all at the same time. The loosing packets isnt a problem anymore, now PBB terminates its process and causes a huge error. also, i still get the invalid memory image 9005 error. Anyone got any more help? Oh and all the sudgestions you guys made earlier didnt work. i still got the problems.

AdmiralHocking

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

30th April 2006

0 Uploads

5,252 Posts

0 Threads

#14 12 years ago

Have you tried, as Merrick suggested, contacting the people behind Punkbuster yet?

Dark Saint

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

8,040 Posts

0 Threads

#15 12 years ago
AdmiralHocking;3710638Have you tried, as Merrick suggested, contacting the people behind Punkbuster yet?

**sigh**

AdmiralHocking

50 XP

30th April 2006

0 Uploads

5,252 Posts

0 Threads

#16 12 years ago

I'm sorry I don't follow, what's wrong with what I said?

Dark Saint

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

8,040 Posts

0 Threads

#17 12 years ago
AdmiralHocking;3711166I'm sorry I don't follow, what's wrong with what I said?

Nothing at all dude. you were right on the money. The sigh was because I still can't believe he didn't check with punkbuster. He would have gotten the info he needs. You are all good in my book Hocking.

AdmiralHocking

50 XP

30th April 2006

0 Uploads

5,252 Posts

0 Threads

#18 12 years ago

I understand.

tbh I think it has to do with laziness;

Most people want a quick fix, they can't be bothered with petitions or tickets, they want an answer now. As you said, a ticket would have been quicker in the first place.

~Merrick You are all good in my book Hocking.

:don:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#19 12 years ago

I have found the ANSWER!! Step 1: Right-Click the shortcut you use on Battlefield Step 2: Click Properties Step 3: Click the Compatibility tab Step 4: Check the box marked "Run this program as an administrator" Step 5: Click Ok Step 6: Right-click the shortcut Step 7: Click "Run as administrator" Step 8: Enjoy game you payed $$ for :)

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#20 11 years ago

Did not work for me

and this did also not work

Quote: Originally Posted by GeneralClean Punkbuster released a new update and is doing this to several people. The solution is this: Tuesday 04.17.2007 [12:15PM] Version 1.701 of the PB Client for BF2142 has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page. Release Notes for PB Client v1.701:

the new PB services are no longer optional, see our PB Services FAQ for more info the new PB services now support 64 bit flavors of WindowsSo in other words you need to go to http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe and download that program. Basically all this does is let you run the game without admistration rights, which in XP we are always running adminstration rights, and puts two new services that run in the background which are called "PunkA.exe" & "PunkB" But none the less now with the new update you have to run these two services while you are connected to a punkbuster server.