50Cal

Taste me freak!

50 XP

2nd September 2003

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

hello I have a question bin playing 2142 with no probs. Lately as in the past few days when I load game all starts well pick a server then hit join and map starts to load alittle over half way then nothing just hangs there until i reboot puter? any suggestions

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 11 years ago
50Cal;3756885hello I have a question bin playing 2142 with no probs. Lately as in the past few days when I load game all starts well pick a server then hit join and map starts to load alittle over half way then nothing just hangs there until i reboot puter? any suggestions

I've waited 3 years for someone to post a response to this. I have the same damm problem and have not been able to play BF2142 for 3 long grueling years. I've lost my job, family, home and small furry pets. I still have my PC. We are both waiting here under a bridge dat after day. Dammit people. Do something. Do anything. Just don't do nothing. Everything was working fine in the beginning. Kinda like my job and family. Then I got crazy and upgrade my Office 2003 to 2007. Suddenly outta nowhere (kinda like ID4) this problem starts. BF2142 starts nice and I wait for the list of active games. I pick one (and, yes, the problem happens no matter which gameserver I select) start the load. The load bat gets to almost about the 60% mark on every host I select and then just stops. Sure the walker keeps going. I wait and I wait. First its a few minutes. Soon hours. Soon Days. Of course I reboot. Of course I uninstalled and re-installed. Of course I prayed to every Western and Eastern deity. Nada. Zip. Bhuttkiss. I been wathching the previous post since 1973, people. Please don't make me wait any more. For those that are still reading, here are the specs: WinXP-MCE, Pentium-D, 2GRAM, BF2142 v1.25, I bought and installed game on-line via EA download Manager. Ask me anything. Just don't leave me here hanging.. waiting.. kinda like BF2142..

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 11 years ago

how to fix bf2142 freezing at loading screen

go to your "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142" folder and then go to tools at the top and then folder options, click the view tab and under hidden files and folders make sure show hidden files is selected. then scroll down some more and uncheck hide protected operating system files. now click ok. then back in your bf2142 folder look for a file named radial.cdb and rename it oradial.cdb then close the windows and start playing bf2142 again.